Loving Life in the Wild and Wonderful....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    No problem. I’ve been jumped by enough a**holes on here over the most minuscule things that I approach this forum in a defensive posture on the rare occasions that I do post. Sorry to snap at you.
    How about gentle ribbing? I was only joking. I don't do emojis. Have fun with your pistols.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    No problem. I’ve been jumped by enough a**holes on here over the most minuscule things, that I approach this forum in a defensive posture on the rare occasions that I do post. Sorry to snap at you.

No worries, I'm super sarcastic but it doesn't come through on here.

Interested to hear about the .223 pistol.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I’ll be sure to report back. I was going to test it this morning, but it’s monsoon season here in Morgan County.... I have my WV CCW but forgot all about the NICS thing. BTW, Governor Justice recently signed a bill allowing non-WV residents to get CCW permits here.

I thought that WV allowed any legal adult to carry open or CC without permit? Was I wrong?

BrianS

Apr 26, 2010
    I think it's awesome and I'll admit... totally jealous of the process. Buy whatever the F you want and have fun just because. Pick up a bunch of binary targets too while your at it.

Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    No problem. I’ve been jumped by enough a**holes on here over the most minuscule things that I approach this forum in a defensive posture on the rare occasions that I do post. Sorry to snap at you.

Seems like a little jealousy reared its ugly head from your friends in MD. Not something I'd buy but I have a passel of oddballs that make me happy. Enjoy!

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I thought that WV allowed any legal adult to carry open or CC without permit? Was I wrong?

They do.

The WV permit is widely accepted for reciprocity reasons though in places that are not constitutional carry and for d**k suck states like PA that revoked reciprocity and will only issue a PA CC to a non resident that has their home state CC.

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Correct. My WV permit is valid in 39 states, with the the exception of the usual suspects.... Basic handgun training is required in order to satisfy reciprocity agreements.
    They do.
    The WV permit is widely accepted for reciprocity reasons though in places that are not constitutional carry and for d**k suck states like PA that revoked reciprocity and will only issue a PA CC to a non resident that has their home state CC.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I went the opposite way (caliber-wise) with an impulse buy last year and bought an NAA .22 short revolver (also in WV so easy-peasy). I've only shot it once (just to see what it was like), but even with that light a load, the darned thing nearly flipped out of my hand.
    I cannot even fathom what it's like trying to shoot a .45 or .223 out of guns not much bigger than my tiny NAA. I'm guessing, like me, once you've shot each one (probably once! :)) they will become conversation pieces, just like my NAA.
    Enjoy either way!

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    You oughta try this....Magnum Research BFR in .45-70. With 325 grain bear loads, this is truly an asskicker - especially when you shoot it one-handed.
    I went the opposite way (caliber-wise) with an impulse buy last year and bought an NAA .22 short revolver (also in WV so easy-peasy). I've only shot it once (just to see what it was like), but even with that light a load, the darned thing nearly flipped out of my hand.
    I cannot even fathom what it's like trying to shoot a .45 or .223 out of guns not much bigger than my tiny NAA. I'm guessing, like me, once you've shot each one (probably once! :)) they will become conversation pieces, just like my NAA.
    Enjoy either way!

Attachments

• 86661101-3920-4207-9CC2-F763EF0BED11.jpg
      86661101-3920-4207-9CC2-F763EF0BED11.jpg
      80.7 KB · Views: 294

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Gorgeous campus. Awful administration. Still have (or had) oral and written boards in order to graduate.

The recruited him hard too...it worked.

I’d say a damned good value...then anyhow. He left with a BS in Physics, started and played V soccer, captain of the swimtream, dorm RA and president of his frat (that was founded at Bethany exactly 150 years before lad was president.).

Sometimes it’s good to be in a small pond. Even if it’s “WV”...

Turns out Bethany got it’s charter from William and Mary and UVA in the 1830s...it was a school for women and non landed gentry and was started by a drunk Scotsman. After the CW, it was no longer in VA but WV.

That’s the rest of the Bethany story.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017

Don't worry about a**holes, my friend. They are part of life just like maggots. Enjoy your collections. The road less travel can be fun.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Stopped in my local gun shop on the way home from work and made a couple of impulse buys....a Bond Arms .45 ACP derringer and a Heizer PAR1 - “Pocket AR” in .223.

Quick NICS check and I was out the door in ten minutes. No waiting period, no HQL, no handgun roster, no 77r.... And it gets better....as of July 1, no more sales tax on firearms and ammunition!
    Get your carry permit. Some shops will do a NICS exemption for permit holders.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I already have it, but forgot all about that. Store clerk didn’t ask. I’ll remember next time.
    Bear in mind that a lot of shops will not do it, until you become a established customer. My FFL does it for me because after his last audit by the ATF and the BS the one chick was spewing, he divided to do a NICS exemption on all of my future 4473's, due to me getting delayed every time when he called me in, but getting approved later that day or the next day. In addition to that issue, he knows I get a 3 second proceed on a e4473.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom