• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Between 13th and 14th.

Last week, the new owners of the iconic Phillips Beach Plaza property came before the Mayor and Council seeking conceptual approval of conveying an alley that bisects the property between 13th and 14th streets from the Boardwalk to Baltimore Avenue, a request to which the elected officials agreed pending what will likely become a lengthy, multi-layered approval process. On Tuesday, the developers presented conceptual plans to bring a major Margaritaville hotel, conference center, restaurant and bar, and retail complex to the city block between 13th and 14th Streets from the Boardwalk to Baltimore Avenue.

On Tuesday, the developers presented tentative plans to the Ocean City Planning Commission in order to gage the body’s general feelings about the project. Again, the project is in its very early stages in the approval process and there are numerous details to work out including on-site parking issues and the disposition of the city-owned alley, essentially Washington Lane. The commission voiced some early concerns about the amount of on-site parking for the vast project, along with concerns about the retaining public access to the alley, but by and large, the commission endorsed the plan conceptually.

1-buffet.jpg

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2021/08...a-property-planners-endorse-alley-conveyance/

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Its interesting, I'm not certain how I feel about it. But, I have a few questions.
    Will it raise my property value on 5th street? and
    Does this mean we get a Jimmy buffet concert?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    As a frequent flyer in OC i like it , some of the properties are long in the tooth time to freshen up the place . Hopefully it starts a positive upgrade of OC.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Ugh. My preferred OC hotel is the Courtyard on 15th for off-season trips. This won't help.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    As a frequent flyer in OC i like it , some of the properties are long in the tooth time to freshen up the place . Hopefully it starts a positive upgrade of OC.

That's kind of the way I'm leaning, the thought of it being the old untouched beach town has passed, and on the lower numbered streets we really need some up grades.
    I was in town the last week of July and as I always do, went for a late night walk to the inlet. It hasn't been a great walk for a long time, but it seems to have gone down hill a lot. I usually enjoyed people watching, the late nighters that overindulged a little, some a lot, in the bars, laughing and singing, kinda staggering their way back to the hotel rooms.
    The folks I shared the boardwalk with this time, did not put me at ease and it seemed to me there was much more trash lying around on the boardwalk and even on the little walkway and the rocks at the inlet.

I typically walk the boards west to the inlet, then cut down side roads towards the bay on the return I did this time too but was seriously uncomfortable for about 3 blocks.
    Maybe this kind of thing will lift it back up!

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I would have preferred a Hotel California myself though I'm sure some of our hardcore guys would prefer a

download.jpeg

Just like Springsteen, Buffet is a Libertard Tool. He supported Barry and Slow Joe.

I liked them as a youngster but now find them reprehensible for their politics.

Last edited:

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    That's kind of the way I'm leaning, the thought of it being the old untouched beach town has passed, and on the lower numbered streets we really need some up grades.

I was in town the last week of July and as I always do, went for a late night walk to the inlet. It hasn't been a great walk for a long time, but it seems to have gone down hill a lot. I usually enjoyed people watching, the late nighters that overindulged a little, some a lot, in the bars, laughing and singing, kinda staggering their way back to the hotel rooms.

The folks I shared the boardwalk with this time, did not put me at ease and it seemed to me there was much more trash lying around on the boardwalk and even on the little walkway and the rocks at the inlet.

I typically walk the boards west to the inlet, then cut down side roads towards the bay on the return I did this time too but was seriously uncomfortable for about 3 blocks.

Maybe this kind of thing will lift it back up!

Are you sure you weren't one of those "late nighters that overindulged a little, some a lot," since "walk the boards west" would result in a thirty foot walk away from the inlet??

The Boardwalk, a.k.a. Atlantic Avenue runs North - South, and walking west from the boardwalk would take you away from the inlet.

Joking, but you're absolutely correct, walking the boards now is not what it was back in the day, when us young teens would leave "Six on the Boards, the condo around 19th St. my Aunts rented every year around 7:30 and cruise the boards until 11ish. Never felt unsafe, now I won't go on the boards after dark.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I used to love OC in my younger days but now I have traveled up Rt about 30 miles to Rehoboth and Lewes I will not be going back to OC as Rehoboth is now more to my liking plus wife and I are looking at condos for when she can retire from NOAA as well.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Used to love OC as a kid. Then grew up went for Jeep week, bike week and random trips.
    I go see a friends band every now and then,, but OC has come to have too many trouble makers, people who litter, just flat out ruined it town.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Growing up 20 min from there, I only went for hot rod cruising and occasional thrashers. I hope this brings some folks in that will require a clean up of some of the stuff that goes on out there. At night it's such a dump.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Are you sure you weren't one of those "late nighters that overindulged a little, some a lot," since "walk the boards west" would result in a thirty foot walk away from the inlet??

The Boardwalk, a.k.a. Atlantic Avenue runs North - South, and walking west from the boardwalk would take you away from the inlet.

Joking, but you're absolutely correct, walking the boards now is not what it was back in the day, when us young teens would leave "Six on the Boards, the condo around 19th St. my Aunts rented every year around 7:30 and cruise the boards until 11ish. Never felt unsafe, now I won't go on the boards after dark.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Oops, my internal compass must be broke.... swore it was pointed West! And yes, I may have stopped in a few of the adult beverage establishments during my board walks a time or three. Not lately though. I am not going to give up on my walks on the boards when there, just going to be a little earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom