• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    2nd stand got dragged out today. Didn’t have time to put it up but it’s a 1/2 mile drag mostly downhill and daughter has a half day. Brought the mini man out with me and drug him cuz i felt like going solo wasn’t enough work lol

You are hard core. Lol

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    2nd stand got dragged out today. Didn’t have time to put it up but it’s a 1/2 mile drag mostly downhill and daughter has a half day. Brought the mini man out with me and drug him cuz i felt like going solo wasn’t enough work lol

You forgot the bird. He might’ve helped.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I don't think I've ever been in the tree stand this early. For some reason I just woke up at a god-awful time, so I figured why not go sit in a tree! Lol. Not too confident I'll see anything because it's humid, but here's to wishful thinking!!

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I don't think I've ever been in the tree stand this early. For some reason I just woke up at a god-awful time, so I figured why not go sit in a tree! Lol. Not too confident I'll see anything because it's humid, but here's to wishful thinking!!

Good luck. Early bird gets the worm. :D

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County

Good luck out there. :thumbsup:

Getting the final touches of prep work done today around the blind. Should finally be getting out nice and early Friday morning.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Good luck out there. :thumbsup:

Getting the final touches of prep work done today around the blind. Should finally be getting out nice and early Friday morning.

Thanks! But I swear to sweet baby Jesus that squirrels are the spawn of Satan himself. I hear footsteps, I get excited, then a squirrel runs by. It's taxing!

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Thanks! But I swear to sweet baby Jesus that squirrels are the spawn of Satan himself. I hear footsteps, I get excited, then a squirrel runs by. It's taxing!

I hear that. I usually have them and red foxes thrashing about here. Not sure how foxes got a reputation for being particularly stealthy. I did get to see a red hawk dive bomb a chipmunk last year though from about 20 yds away. That was absolutely worth the disruption.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I like the squirrels. When they're active, that can also mean the deer are active. They are all governed by the same natural influences.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I hear that. I usually have them and red foxes thrashing about here. Not sure how foxes got a reputation for being particularly stealthy. I did get to see a red hawk dive bomb a chipmunk last year though from about 20 yds away. That was absolutely worth the disruption.

I 100% concur. I would have called it a day after that. Lol

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I like the squirrels. When they're active, that can also mean the deer are active. They are all governed by the same natural influences.

I agree. I dont know why everyone has an issue with them. The squirrels are there everyday making noise whether we are there or not. Also, deer typically dont make a lot of noise walking through the woods, so mistaking a squirrel for a deer by sound doesnt make sense to me. A lot of times my friends and I have ear buds or noise cancelling head phones listening to something from our phones while we are hunting.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    I agree. I dont know why everyone has an issue with them. The squirrels are there everyday making noise whether we are there or not. Also, deer typically dont make a lot of noise walking through the woods, so mistaking a squirrel for a deer by sound doesnt make sense to me. A lot of times my friends and I have ear buds or noise cancelling head phones listening to something from our phones while we are hunting.

Lol. Not all deer are quiet, chief. A couple years ago I had a young 4 pointer come within 20 yards of my stand without a care in the world making all the noise. I didn't even aim at him because I was in awe. He earned a pass from me that day.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Lol. Not all deer are quiet, chief. A couple years ago I had a young 4 pointer come within 20 yards of my stand without a care in the world making all the noise. I didn't even aim at him because I was in awe. He earned a pass from me that day.

Got it Chief, thanks.

I’ve killed somewhere around 100 (+/-) deer and listening for them is the least of my concerns.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I don’t mind squirrels at all except when they start barking at me and thumping their tail on the trees warning everything in the woods that a human is here.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Hoping the current forecast holds true. I took off next Friday and the following Monday to get some field time in. Friday AM conditions are looking just about optimal for the hunting location.

Attachments

• Friday Deer Weather.jpg
      Friday Deer Weather.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 274

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Should have listened to the blue jays. They were going nuts all afternoon 60 yards from me at my other stand. Pulled cameras pics from remote/cudde link and had activity there all afternoon. Still early. Acorns are weird this year too. Only seeing chestnut oaks dumping. Nothing from white or red oaks at all.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Should have listened to the blue jays. They were going nuts all afternoon 60 yards from me at my other stand. Pulled cameras pics from remote/cudde link and had activity there all afternoon. Still early. Acorns are weird this year too. Only seeing chestnut oaks dumping. Nothing from white or red oaks at all.

Yup

The Pins and Whites(and probably Reds as well) are just beginning to drop over here in MoCo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom