• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I did not like the 44, I get that it was designed as trainer for the 19, but between the weight and the trigger it just felt like a cheap toy (all personal preference). Having not handled the FN I have no idea what it may be like in comparison, but I like that it is SA hammer fired.

I like mine but your criticisms are fair

In hindsight I should've bought a conversion kit for the 19 I bought after the 44

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Regarding not seeing one that runs well, any chance you are thinking of the 22 WMR kelTec CMR30? The KelTec CP33 in 22LR is pretty new. I was hoping to find one, but don't want to see anyone cranking out another 22LR lemon.

Yep that’s the one I was thinking of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off_paper

Apr 30, 2021
    AACo
    Any reason to consider this over the TX22 Competition I already have? 3x mags included, barrel mounted optic, also supressor capable.

Thwack22

Aug 8, 2012
    NoVa
    I would say no. The TX-22 looks like a solid option along with the Keltec CP33. Really comes down to owner preferences.

FlokiBear

Oct 12, 2020
    As a fan of FN products, I was excited to see this be released. However, my Taurus TX-22 is not looking to be replaced, especially when the FN costs twice as much as the Taurus did. Would still like to try one out sometime to see how it turned out.

FlokiBear

Oct 12, 2020
    I couldn't disagree more regarding the price tag.

I have the Beretta 92 22lr, which has a Umarex frame and the gun runs flawlessly, a joy to plink with. The upgrades the FN has out of the box make this a steal at $500. I prefer hammer fired to striker fired guns and I will be looking to get one once available.

I have a Umarex 22lr rifle wrapped disguised as a HK416 that fires and functions quite well. I personally haven't heard much bad about any Umarex collaborations in the past few years.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    It does not look like the 502 has yet been submitted to the Roster Board. How do we go about doing this. I have no idea. I will help if I can, it is on my list.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    I have both models of the Taurus and the Glock 44-22. Hands down, I like the feel of the Taurus much more then the Glock. All 3 have been very reliable.

Attachments

• TX-22.jpg
      TX-22.jpg
      104.9 KB · Views: 133

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Confirmed the 502 is on the list for consideration at the next roster board meeting. Dec 8.

Thank you to whoever is doing the legwork on this, I would have stepped up if needed.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    So I got my 502. Well, I had it. I called FN, and they are asking ALL of them be returned for service due to the recall. They list a serial number on the recall site, but they told me that they are asking for ALL of them to be returned. Perhaps they gave a serial number that is higher than all examples currently out there, I am not sure.

They sent me a return label and I shipped it to them in SC. They estimated to have it back in 3-4 weeks.

Never even loaded it. Will let you all know how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom