Buckmark rear sight assembly model year changes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Anyone know if all Buckmarks share the same rear sight assembly mounting? Or did it change over the years? I’ve got my 7 day wait on a used buckmark that has a rail and handgun scope installed and I’d like to swap that for a rear sight assembly for irons.

I stupidly didn’t look close enough to tell what model year it was. Older, but maybe not too old? I think it used the 1997 and older S/N prefix, but it may not have (I thought it started with a 6, but it might have started with a 5). It did have a gold anodized trigger, but sure seemed 20+ years old for condition. Not sure when good anodized triggers were a thing for them.

Any help would be appreciated. Just trying to figure out now how much of a pain is it going to be to swap the rail for a sight base.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    It changed around the early 90's. They went from a rear sight that was under 1" long to one that was a little over. If you check the William Sights site you can see photos of both types.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It changed around the early 90's. They went from a rear sight that was under 1" long to one that was a little over. If you check the William Sights site you can see photos of both types.

Thanks! I ended up just getting the tacsol rail with sights and that works. Mine is a ‘97 BTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom