• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nosbocaj

Oct 11, 2021
    Hey MD Shooters

I'm a big gun enthusiast/collector moving from Oregon to Maryland next week (I'm actually in SD right now in the middle of my drive over). I'm active duty Navy and will be on orders at NAS Pax River. I've already joined the local shooting range (Sanner's Lake) and talked to folks in my new command about the less than ideal MD gun laws, so I think I'm good to go...

As far as collecting goes I'm really in to modern military, European made (HK, B&T, CZ, FN, etc), lever actions, and have just started collecting WWII era stuff, specifically K98k's. I'm also a big suppressor fan...just picked up my sixth can before I left.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the community for the next three years!

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome from downtown Mount Airy.

Looks like you have good taste in hardware, but a lot of the stuff might not be good to go here. Just make sure you don't import any trouble for yourself. You've come to the right place for information. Some of it is even good information.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

nosbocaj

Oct 11, 2021
    Welcome from downtown Mount Airy.

Looks like you have good taste in hardware, but a lot of the stuff might not be good to go here. Just make sure you don't import any trouble for yourself. You've come to the right place for information. Some of it is even good information.

Yeah I've been in touch with some folks from my new command. I walked them through my collection and they told me what was good and what wasn't. Luckily I didn't have to make any drastic changes. Thanks for the advice though!

Scott P

Funny...like a clown
    Jan 29, 2013
    St. Mary's
    Welcome to SMIBville........

If you see a black RAV4 at Sanner's rifle range, come introduce yourself. I shoot lane 7 most of the time.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Hey MD Shooters

I'm a big gun enthusiast/collector moving from Oregon to Maryland next week (I'm actually in SD right now in the middle of my drive over). I'm active duty Navy and will be on orders at NAS Pax River. I've already joined the local shooting range (Sanner's Lake) and talked to folks in my new command about the less than ideal MD gun laws, so I think I'm good to go...

As far as collecting goes I'm really in to modern military, European made (HK, B&T, CZ, FN, etc), lever actions, and have just started collecting WWII era stuff, specifically K98k's. I'm also a big suppressor fan...just picked up my sixth can before I left.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the community for the next three years!

Welcome aboard, shipmate.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Welcome! Be sure to check the calendar for Sanners, there's a lot of activity on weekends. Southern Maryland is pretty nice, except for the dating situation (NAS Pax River is notorious in that regard).

nosbocaj

Oct 11, 2021
    Welcome! Be sure to check the calendar for Sanners, there's a lot of activity on weekends. Southern Maryland is pretty nice, except for the dating situation (NAS Pax River is notorious in that regard).

Thanks I'll check it out. No need to worry about dating luckily. Happily married for three years so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom