• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roaryrocks

Oct 22, 2021
    Waldorf, MD
    Hey, I’m new here. I’m fairly familiar with most gun bans in Maryland, but I’m not sure on the specific one I’m trying to find out.

The vmac9 from velocity firearms has been gaining popularity and I might be interested in getting one. Does the fall under being a mac-11/10 variant? I’m having trouble finding anything in Maryland law that would specifically call it out as illegal.

Any help would be awesome!

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    atm it's not on the handgun roster.

You'd have to have an FFL submit it.

Ive never heard of it, but how interchangeable is it with the MAC 10, can you literally use All MAC 10 parts in the vmac? If so, it's banned.

Roaryrocks

Oct 22, 2021
    Waldorf, MD
    Hmmmm, not sure. A lot of people are using the vmac9 upper with printed lowers. That’s pretty much the extent of my knowledge. So the legality question would extend to buying the upper and assembling it with a homemade part.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Yes you have to transfer it through an ffl. and an ffl won't transfer it unless its on the roster.

I would avoid the 80% or printed idea until you have done some research on interchangeability.

Roaryrocks

Oct 22, 2021
    Waldorf, MD
    Yes you have to transfer it through an ffl. and an ffl won't transfer it unless its on the roster.

I would avoid the 80% or printed idea until you have done some research on interchangeability.
    Even if it’s just the upper which isn’t an FFL required part?

Also there are specific lower kits made for the VMAC9

Honestly I just want to try the 3D printing side. It looks pretty fun. I probably should just play it safe and stick to things like glock lowers…

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Even if it’s just the upper which isn’t an FFL required part?

Also there are specific lower kits made for the VMAC9

Honestly I just want to try the 3D printing side. It looks pretty fun. I probably should just play it safe and stick to things like glock lowers…

If the gun is not interchangeable with Mac 10/11 you should be gtg. So for example I am reading this thread where they print an AR type lower for use on the vmac upper:

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showt...ze-and-Velocity-s-Vmac9-upper-interchangeable

Also, you might email someone like atlanticfirearms, they are maryland based, and can tell you more.

Roaryrocks

Oct 22, 2021
    Waldorf, MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom