Admission is $8.00 for anyone 12 and up

Parking is Free

https://www.thegunshows.com/show-sites/frederick-fairgrounds/

Frederick-Fairgrounds-Coupon.jpg

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Don't forget, show this weekend at the Fairgrounds! SCSG will be there with a selection of used hunting rifles and a big collection of Milsurp rifles too!

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Don't forget, show this weekend at the Fairgrounds! SCSG will be there with a selection of used hunting rifles and a big collection of Milsurp rifles too!

Hmmm I wasn't planning on going, but do you have a list of what kinds of milsurps you have? Might have to make time

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Hmmm I wasn't planning on going, but do you have a list of what kinds of milsurps you have? Might have to make time

Not all inclusive but,

Mosin M91
    Mosin M91/30 ex sniper x2
    Mosin M44 x2
    Gew98 x3
    Enfield No1mk3 x2
    Enfield No4mk1 x3
    Austrian Steyr M95
    China Mauser
    Czech VZ24
    Yuga M48 x2
    U.S. Springfield M1 Garand in.308

Probably a few more that I cant think of off the top my head

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Just got back. Found a LNIB .357 Max Contender barrel so it was worth my trip. Guy also had a LNIB 44 Mag Contender barrel but I have one of those and didn't want to get greedy.

(looking for 357Max brass now if anyone has any).

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Just got back from the show...a big MEH! Lots of people...lots of merchandise but I think most vendors priced them as if everything was 24k gold plated. The only vendor that was reasonable was Brian with SCSG...and unfortunately he really didn't have anything of interest for me.

I left the same way I arrived...with an empty bag and my wallet was $7 lighter for the cost of admission.

It's sad that the MGA with its stupid legislation that accomplishes absolutely nothing of value maybe hasn't destroyed MD gun shows but has certainly neutered them.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Dan
    I snooze I loose. Glad you got a pick up.

I picked up a 1900 dated mix match 91 mosin from Brian at SCSG . Market price and I knew it had a pretty worn out bore when I saw it. Not likely to shoot it. but it’s a gap filler until I pick up something better to fill in that category. Which who knows , could be days or years
    Also picked some needed 223/556 stripper clips.
    Did my MSI renewal plus donation.

3cba2562976f7075fa628a5ea75d72d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My 9-yr old had a good time and I was able to get some 12 gauge ammo from SCSG as well as chat with Brian and Rick at different times.

When I was at the MSI table, Biggfoot44 (who showed me the ropes of working the table many years ago) was kind enough to walk my 9-yr old around to the various vendor tables. My youngest would keep bringing back interesting finds/purchases ...
    82893083a469ac64d14a8cae12149c3f.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Like you guys said. Lots of meh as always in Frederick..

Only SCSG had a good selection of stuff priced reasonably… can’t believe how much people are trying to sell stuff for…

I have PERSONALLY seen a few of the same rifles from the same vendors for the past year and a half at multiple shows that still haven’t moved them because they are priced so damn astronomically high, its ridiculous.

Great score’s you guys though!

Just a few? I've seen many. Some YEARS. The shows are a hobby unto itself for some. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Good seeing some of the MDS crew yesterday, Melnic, Fidelity & Jr, Art42, Milsurpdan and probably a few I'm forgetting... Were getting ready for day 2 today, we still have alot of ammo available at the show as well as plenty of handguns and longguns to choose from. Stop by and see us and say Hi..

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Dan
    I snooze I loose. Glad you got a pick up.

I picked up a 1900 dated mix match 91 mosin from Brian at SCSG . Market price and I knew it had a pretty worn out bore when I saw it. Not likely to shoot it. but it’s a gap filler until I pick up something better to fill in that category. Which who knows , could be days or years
    Also picked some needed 223/556 stripper clips.
    Did my MSI renewal plus donation.

3cba2562976f7075fa628a5ea75d72d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just got back from the show...a big MEH! Lots of people...lots of merchandise but I think most vendors priced them as if everything was 24k gold plated. The only vendor that was reasonable was Brian with SCSG...and unfortunately he really didn't have anything of interest for me.

I left the same way I arrived...with an empty bag and my wallet was $7 lighter for the cost of admission.

It's sad that the MGA with its stupid legislation that accomplishes absolutely nothing of value maybe hasn't destroyed MD gun shows but has certainly neutered them.

I think everything you said is right on. Honestly though, the biggest reason I don't go to the shows as much as I used to is my two sons moved out and it's just me.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I certainly understand your point...but I have to keep reminding myself that I and others don't attend MD gun shows they will dry up and be gone forever. If that happens the MGA can smile and say they didn't ban gun shows in MD...the buying public did.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I went to a few gun shows the last months, 1st in decades.
    I wanted to support them and see what I could find.

My thoughts are, the buying public made "Blockbuster" go away, not the MGA.
    The concept of spending a 1/2 a day, $7-10 fee, to buy merchandise that is 10-100% more than available online (or even the local brick and mortar) is an outdated concept.

I certainly understand your point...but I have to keep reminding myself that I and others don't attend MD gun shows they will dry up and be gone forever. If that happens the MGA can smile and say they didn't ban gun shows in MD...the buying public did.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Once upon a time (and other fairy tale crap) there were always several tables of old bastards with bunches of parts. Never organized well, rarely marked for price, but always there. Lately, these type guys are missing from the shows. When they quit going to shows, so did I. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom