• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    As I start to delve into the 22 long range shooting, I came across SK Long Range Match ammo. Anyone use it? Any place to buy a couple boxes locally?
    I don't really want to spend $100 a brick to test it.
    I have a RPRR that I am setting up to go at least 200.
    I know as with any 22 ammo, the firearm can be picky.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    As I start to delve into the 22 long range shooting, I came across SK Long Range Match ammo. Anyone use it? Any place to buy a couple boxes locally?
    I don't really want to spend $100 a brick to test it.
    I have a RPRR that I am setting up to go at least 200.
    I know as with any 22 ammo, the firearm can be picky.

@Shamrock

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    I have a few boxes you can get from me. I bought a brick and tried a few boxes but it just doesnt feed as well as center x in my rifle.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I just got a bunch of this stuff. I have shot it in my MP15-22, and my chiappa 22 upper. Reliably goes bang, and reliably cycles both actions. Groups have been WAY tighter than the CCI mini mag I had been using, perhaps as tight as I am currently capable of. The rounds look very consistent, and have a nice coating of lube on them. Some people like to take them and mix them up with some cci or other to spread the lube around on the other rounds as well, but say that separating them afterwards is a bit of a pain.

I think I would have shot distinguished at the appleseed had I been using them, but I didn't have them yet.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have a few boxes you can get from me. I bought a brick and tried a few boxes but it just doesnt feed as well as center x in my rifle.

Thanks where are you located?

I just got a bunch of this stuff. I have shot it in my MP15-22, and my chiappa 22 upper. Reliably goes bang, and reliably cycles both actions. Groups have been WAY tighter than the CCI mini mag I had been using, perhaps as tight as I am currently capable of. The rounds look very consistent, and have a nice coating of lube on them. Some people like to take them and mix them up with some cci or other to spread the lube around on the other rounds as well, but say that separating them afterwards is a bit of a pain.

I think I would have shot distinguished at the appleseed had I been using them, but I didn't have them yet.

Great input, thanks

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017

Sorry, I just went and checked and its SK Rifle Match not the long range. I am in Columbia area if you want to try that.

Typically I have seen people shoot rifle match, long range match, and centerx at 300+ yards. Its also best not to base ammo accuracy for 22 once the weather gets colder.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    I have a case of it. I run it exclusively in my CZ 457 and it shoots great for me. Keep in mind every rifle is different.

Where are you located? I'd be willing to part with a couple of boxes for you to try

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    I've just ordered 20 boxes (50/box) from bluecollarreloading.com. As of now they have 257 boxes in stock at $10.99/box, which is a good price. I believe one of the top shooters in the MARS series shoots this ammo. In VERY limited testing this week, SK LR outshot two lots of Eley Tenex at 50 yards in my Remington 541-T. Have yet to test it in my 10/22.

I'm in Cecil county, and could also spare a box or two when my order arrives.

PS - I have found the performance of SK ammo (SK Rifle Match) to be VERY lot dependent.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    I've just ordered 20 boxes (50/box) from bluecollarreloading.com. As of now they have 257 boxes in stock at $10.99/box, which is a good price. I believe one of the top shooters in the MARS series shoots this ammo. In VERY limited testing this week, SK LR outshot two lots of Eley Tenex at 50 yards in my Remington 541-T. Have yet to test it in my 10/22.

I'm in Cecil county, and could also spare a box or two when my order arrives.

PS - I have found the performance of SK ammo (SK Rifle Match) to be VERY lot dependent.

You aren't kidding with the lot dependence. It took me quite a bit of lot testing as well as quality level testing (Std+ vs Rifle Match vs Long Range Match) to find out what worked best for me. I do really like the consistency I am seeing with muzzle velocity in terms of the extreme spread. That is what makes the difference at distance.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020

Great input, thanks

Actually, pretty sure mine is High Velocity match. The long range match is available on targetsports right now for about .20c per round. I've found their shipping to be amazing, can't remember an order that wasn't on my doorstep the very next day.

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    SK Long Range Match Ammo in a 10/22

Update on SK Long Range Match Ammo

I reported in an earlier post that the SK Long Range Match (SKLRM) ammo shot well in the 541-T bolt gun. I did some testing with the 10/22 yesterday. All groups are 5 shots at 50 yards with the use of two windflags. (Very low wind until target #7 to #12, and care was taken to minimize wind effects.) The rifle was cooled to the outside ambient temperature of about 50°F, but the ammo was kept in the house until the magazines were loaded. I also played a bit with a barrel tuner.

vmJQuhD.jpg

I was quite impressed with the groups obtained, with smooth feeding with no jams/FTE/FTF’s. While I wouldn’t want to show up with this rifle/ammo at a rimfire benchrest match, this level of precision, at least as demonstrated at 25 yards (single target photo), 50 yards (12 target image), and with a KYL rack at 30 yards I feel is more than adequate for rimfire PRS type competition. At least at the level I’m at . . . .

dDroGcb.jpg

qk6Iw9S.jpg

I’m anxious to get a calm day to get to the range and see what this ammo can do at 100 to 300+ yards and begin to develop dope. And I’ll be ordering more of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom