• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I was just curious if anyone has a Volquartsen Summit Bolt action 10/22 or earlier PWS? I'm intrigued by this action and the ability to use 10/22 parts. I've never been in love with my 10/22 and this seems to bridge the gap between the Ruger Precision rimfire and 10/22 in terms of parts interchangeability.

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    It’s a Straight pull bolt action 10/22. I got interested enough in one a few months ago. Research on other forums revealed a CZ bolt gun is a better purchase.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Ya as a lefty the 10/22 is not my favorite semi auto but I love how many parts are available for it and the rotary mags are awesome.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I own volquartsen stuff. One of my old 1022s was almost all volquartsen inside. I mean no disparagement to Nick scott and their crew when I say that this is not one of their better ideas. Trying to replicate the ergonomics of an izmash or an anschutz while simultaneously avoiding the hiccups of a semi.

A cz is the way to go in the more reasonable price ranges. If you have a higher budget, vudoo, RimX (only get the RimX if you do a lot of your own work and like to tinker, your effort will be rewarded). Somewhere in between is the bergara b14 22.

In the budget range, the ruger precision rimfire and savage target models will serve you well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom