• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    That place is heavy with ticks. As much as I hate it, we need a long cold spell to kill off some of those bastages. I hunted there one very cold morning several years ago, and found three on me later at home. Needs to be cold cold for some time.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    That place is heavy with ticks. As much as I hate it, we need a long cold spell to kill off some of those bastages. I hunted there one very cold morning several years ago, and found three on me later at home. Needs to be cold cold for some time.

Agreed (except that I love the cold.)

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md

Or just treat your clothes with Permethrin and forget about getting bit

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    From the FB page:

Our birds would appreciate your old Christmas Tree! Drop off any day of the week from 8 am until sunset. Simply line the Aviary fence at Tuckahoe State Park’s office (12282 Eveland Road, Ridgely). Discarded trees will be used as windbreaks for our Scales & Tales critters and then in the spring they will be used for fish habitat and trail mulch. Thanks for your donations and help!

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Looking for volunteers

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1646415225383.jpg
      FB_IMG_1646415225383.jpg
      131.4 KB · Views: 149

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You should do the walk/bike path at Terrapin Park in Stevensville. Just don't do it in the spring when the mosquitoes are breeding. ;)
    That's a nice too. Can connect to Cross Island as well

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    We are 5 minutes away and we're gifted kayaks this past year so have been up there with the kids more paddling around in the pond

When the water runs higher in spring going to take the canoe, a couple of the boys, and some hand tools and see if we can make it from the spillway to Hillsboro clearing a path of fallen trees along the way if we need to.

I haven't done it before but my brain tells me we'll have to portage several times

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    As with most years, they'd like your old Christmas Trees

Recycle your Christmas Tree! Drop off any day of the week from 8 a.m. until sunset. Simply line the Aviary fence at Tuckahoe State Park’s office (12282 Eveland Road, Ridgely). Discarded trees will be used as windbreaks for our Scales & Tales ambassadors and then in the spring they will be used for fish habitat and trail mulch. Thanks for your donations and help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom