• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Lots of fake Forster gauges on Amazon and eBay. They are often out of spec too.

I got mine from the school of the unbearable rifle or some place like that. Probably will slide right out the muzzle.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That was more of a reference than a shopping choice. I had trouble coming up with a site showing a set. Oh well. Anything from Amazon should be considered suspect, I suspect.

Me, I just throw in a 'field' (I picked up from Fools for the American Rifle) and call it a day. If it gobbles that up, I know I have problems. But I try to buy quality parts and have yet to see a rifle fail.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Hey everyone, first of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR! (2020 for any Biden voters :sad20: , 2022 for the rest of us.)

Second of all, I wanna apologize for taking this long to get back to everyone;

While I was seeking guidance here I also reached out to Mike B. at Combat Armory and the guy’s customer service blew me away - almost instantly I got a very apologetic reply letting me know a replacement upper was on its way to me - NEXT DAY DELIVERY!!!!! - along with a prepaid return mailing label to UPS the original upper back to him.

I did get the Forster Go No Go gauge set and they / packaging, instructions, etc. appear to be the real deal but, being reminded of just how insane counterfeiting can get is always relevant!

Q - are the PTG guages from MidWayUSA reliable, if not “as good” as the Forsters?

I ask as I am thinking I oughta go ahead and get a “Field” gauge as well (maybe ask for it as a Valentines Day gift, haha!)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hey everyone, first of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR! (2020 for any Biden voters :sad20: , 2022 for the rest of us.)

Second of all, I wanna apologize for taking this long to get back to everyone;

While I was seeking guidance here I also reached out to Mike B. at Combat Armory and the guy’s customer service blew me away - almost instantly I got a very apologetic reply letting me know a replacement upper was on its way to me - NEXT DAY DELIVERY!!!!! - along with a prepaid return mailing label to UPS the original upper back to him.

I did get the Forster Go No Go gauge set and they / packaging, instructions, etc. appear to be the real deal but, being reminded of just how insane counterfeiting can get is always relevant!

Q - are the PTG guages from MidWayUSA reliable, if not “as good” as the Forsters?

I ask as I am thinking I oughta go ahead and get a “Field” gauge as well (maybe ask for it as a Valentines Day gift, haha!)

That was more of a reference than a shopping choice. I had trouble coming up with a site showing a set. Oh well. Anything from Amazon should be considered suspect, I suspect.

Me, I just throw in a 'field' (I picked up from Fools for the American Rifle) and call it a day. If it gobbles that up, I know I have problems. But I try to buy quality parts and have yet to see a rifle fail.

A "field" gauge stays in my range bag and is sufficient for most people's needs.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom