• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    I've bought a number of firearms from users here and, to date, all have been smooth transactions. And then ...

Fordracer2082 posted a WTT for his S&W M&P 2.0. We worked out the details. He accepted my offer and we made plans to meet for the paperwork. I ordered an aluminum Apex trigger kit and OWB for it.

Couple of days before meeting he pulled out, changed his mind. No trade or sale. Now I have $200.00 worth of trigger and holster I don't need.

MdShooters rightly points out this site is for users and the site is not responsible for the interactions. I've assumed MDShooter participants were decent human beings, but not all I guess. Lesson Learned.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    There is something on there right now at a 60% markup from retail. Says it is sold out. Says he bought an extra by mistake. It is out of stock online, but it's in stock at every store that carries it. It irked me as naked profiteering for a kids toy before Christmas, and deceptive salesmanship. Especially in light of the exceptional generosity of (most) of the members here.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've bought a number of firearms from users here and, to date, all have been smooth transactions. And then ...

Fordracer2082 posted a WTT for his S&W M&P 2.0. We worked out the details. He accepted my offer and we made plans to meet for the paperwork. I ordered an aluminum Apex trigger kit and OWB for it.

Couple of days before meeting he pulled out, changed his mind. No trade or sale. Now I have $200.00 worth of trigger and holster I don't need.

MdShooters rightly points out this site is for users and the site is not responsible for the interactions. I've assumed MDShooter participants were decent human beings, but not all I guess. Lesson Learned.

That sucks.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Caveat emptor. Here, there, everywhere with everyone.

Be particularly cautious of those who are quick to extol their own virtues and say "my word is my bond" and shit like that.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    There is something on there right now at a 60% markup from retail. Says it is sold out. Says he bought an extra by mistake. It is out of stock online, but it's in stock at every store that carries it. It irked me as naked profiteering for a kids toy before Christmas, and deceptive salesmanship. Especially in light of the exceptional generosity of (most) of the members here.

That's what got me with this one. Worked out all the details, made arrangements for where and when to meet to fill out paperwork, started the process on the MSP portal and then, "Na, no trade for you."

We're moving to SC and they just added a draw from holster and fire at different distances for a CCW. Thought I'd pick up something larger than my EDC to practice and use with students. Don't need it, but getting burned is annoying.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The FordRacer needs to step up to explain himself and his behavior since he has embarrassed MdShooters with his conduct.

To quote LTC Kirby Yorke in Rio Grande…..

“He must learn that a man's word to anything even to his own destruction must be honored.”

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    The FordRacer needs to step up to explain himself and his behavior since he has embarrassed MdShooters with his conduct.

“He must learn that a man's word to anything even to his own destruction must be honored.”

I sent him a text yesterday to see if he changed his mind. No response.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

Won't happen

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    That surely sucks. Sometimes I take the time to look into the history when I see posts like this. Wouldn't have expected to find this, but based upon posted feedback, it looks like the OP did the same thing to another member in January. Excuse had something to do with fear of Biden taking power and potential new ATF actions.

Karma is a real beeatch!

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    That surely sucks. Sometimes I take the time to look into the history when I see posts like this. Wouldn't have expected to find this, but based upon posted feedback, it looks like the OP did the same thing to another member in January. Excuse had something to do with fear of Biden taking power and potential new ATF actions.

Karma is a real beeatch!

I can post the thread if you need it. We went back and forth about a suppressor, a different animal than a firearm transfer. Given all the shit that was coming out about the FBI and the ATF at the time and Biden's anti-gun statements, I took a pass on a Form 4 transfer as it didn't seem a prudent time to pop up on their radar. So maybe Karma at that. Or maybe he wasn't out anything but a long term process Form 4 transfer that he could have turned around and sold to someone else.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    A lesson should be learned, here.

First off, there are thousands of people here with different views of what is acceptable. "I've assumed MDShooter participants were decent human beings, but not all I guess." It's never a good idea to judge someone you have never met based on a forum he exists on. That could just as easily be "oh my, a member screwed me, so everyone on MDS are pieces of crap." Actually, I think that pretty frequently happens here and elsewhere based on political views, now that I think of it.

Second, things change. The seller pulled out. It happens. Until cash changes hands it isn't really a deal. Buyers pull out at the last minute. Sellers pull out at the last minute. I don't know why the seller changed his mind, but I'm sure he had his reasons.

I've pulled out of deals at the very, very last second before money was going to change hands for different reasons. I've had it happen to me, too (especially dealing with craigslist...ugh). I'm not sure calling out the seller is really called for. Sometimes deals just fall apart.

Sorry you ended up buying a bunch of stuff, though. Lesson learned.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018

That's why I titled this thread Lesson Learned. I should have waited to order parts for a firearm I did not yet own.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    A lesson should be learned, here.

First off, there are thousands of people here with different views of what is acceptable. "I've assumed MDShooter participants were decent human beings, but not all I guess." It's never a good idea to judge someone you have never met based on a forum he exists on. That could just as easily be "oh my, a member screwed me, so everyone on MDS are pieces of crap." Actually, I think that pretty frequently happens here and elsewhere based on political views, now that I think of it.

Second, things change. The seller pulled out. It happens. Until cash changes hands it isn't really a deal. Buyers pull out at the last minute. Sellers pull out at the last minute. I don't know why the seller changed his mind, but I'm sure he had his reasons.

I've pulled out of deals at the very, very last second before money was going to change hands for different reasons. I've had it happen to me, too (especially dealing with craigslist...ugh). I'm not sure calling out the seller is really called for. Sometimes deals just fall apart.

I know you won't care, but I think it's sad you have this attitude.

It sounds to me like your word doesn't mean anything.

I would have to have an incredibly exigent circumstance to cancel at the last second, and even then, I likely wouldn't, as when I give my word, it's as good as pledging my life.

That's what got me with this one. Worked out all the details, made arrangements for where and when to meet to fill out paperwork, started the process on the MSP portal and then, "Na, no trade for you."

We're moving to SC and they just added a draw from holster and fire at different distances for a CCW. Thought I'd pick up something larger than my EDC to practice and use with students. Don't need it, but getting burned is annoying.
    I don't know if there was a 'commit to buy' button, but based on what you wrote, this was as just as good as that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'd eat glass before I'd pull some shit like that.

If it was between me and a friend, I might tell him I'm beginning to have second thoughts, then talk it over with them. To a complete strange, I would never do that. I'd go through with the deal and suck up the pain. It's an inanimate object for fvcksake.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw that on here. Pretty ballsy to try and straight up gouge here. I will say it's an adult toy, not a kids toy. But still, if you want to scalp shit, do it on ebay. Nobody accidentally spends an extra $800.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Yeah, I was surprised when I saw that on here. Pretty ballsy to try and straight up gouge here. I will say it's an adult toy, not a kids toy. But still, if you want to scalp shit, do it on ebay. Nobody accidentally spends an extra $800.

Lego store in Annapolis Mall has them in stock. Dunno though, might be worth the extra 400 dollar tax to avoid that place.

But to charge that much and also be unwilling to ship? Good Gawd.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom