• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Damn, that looks like a fun day at the range. I actually had to scan the pics a couple of times for the bongos where's Waldo style. Tiny blip relative to the car-nage. :party29:

Yeah. Those shoots were good times. Hopefully we’ll see that kind of thing coming back. Not with todays ammo prices!!

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Yeah. Those shoots were good times. Hopefully we’ll see that kind of thing coming back. Not with todays ammo prices!!

In the meantime, There's always cheaper alternatives like "how many .22lr shots does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop at 100 yards". All in the name of science or bustin' myths, of course. perhaps a grant-funded shoot? Now to off find a sponsor. :innocent0

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

I wish they would. I was at the one the year before the bongos, there was no minigun at that one.
    Would love to go to another one. I was thinking about it the other day after I saw Vince at Duffy's

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I have been in a similar situation to the OP before. I make arrangements to buy something and while waiting on the time for that deal I picked up some things to go with it only to have the original deal fall through. It is because of a couple incidents like that (not all because the seller backed out) I have forced myself to wait until the deal was done and I had the item in my hand before I get anything for it. Just went through that buying a vintage computer. I did a lot of reading online about it while waiting for our schedules to mesh, but I waited on buying anything for it just in case something happened.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Caveat emptor. Here, there, everywhere with everyone.

Be particularly cautious of those who are quick to extol their own virtues and say "my word is my bond" and shit like that.

Yeah, that is how it goes.

If anybody has to tell you how virtuous they are, or how much money they have, or how intelligent they are, or.......... they usually are not.

There is a saying:

"Integrity. If you have it, nothing else matters. If you don't have it, nothing else matters."

I don't deal with the classifieds very much on here since having a bad experience in 2013. Complete waste of my time. Others enjoy it. Good on them.

joro55

MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2022
    Towson, MD
    I've seen that user name repeatedly wanting to trade his X for a Y but then a week later, wanting to trade Y. I've wondered if it was a bogus/scam account... especially after reading some of the positive feedback. Just sounds fake in general. Has anyone actually met up with this person?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I've seen that user name repeatedly wanting to trade his X for a Y but then a week later, wanting to trade Y. I've wondered if it was a bogus/scam account... especially after reading some of the positive feedback. Just sounds fake in general. Has anyone actually met up with this person?
    Thread is 2 years old. Which user name are you referring to, the one in the OP?

Last edited:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Bitch should be banned

*****I wonder if he has turned anyone into a newt!!! :shocked4:

8.30.png

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    Well, despite this thread Fordracer has 74 positive feedbacks, including from people who've said they met him, and no negative feedbacks (other than this thread). Meanwhile you are a new poster with 16 posts resurrecting a 2 year old thread badmouthing someone. So there's definitely something odd going on. :lol2:

joro55

MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2022
    Towson, MD
    Well, despite this thread Fordracer has 74 positive feedbacks, including from people who've said they met him, and no negative feedbacks (other than this thread). Meanwhile you are a new poster with 16 posts resurrecting a 2 year old thread badmouthing someone. So there's definitely something odd going on. :lol2:
    Think what you will, but I had just met up with someone on a transaction and that name was mentioned to me.
    I didn't know the full user name, so just did a search for "fordracer" and this thread came up.
    Between what another member had just told me and what I've seen myself, I just think it's suspect.
    Plus, most of those 74 positive feedbacks sound like something you see from review bots.
    Sorry this thread is old, but by me adding to it, there is now traffic back here.
    I was just saying what I said.... no other purpose than to help others.

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    Think what you will, but I had just met up with someone on a transaction and that name was mentioned to me.
    I didn't know the full user name, so just did a search for "fordracer" and this thread came up.
    Between what another member had just told me and what I've seen myself, I just think it's suspect.
    Plus, most of those 74 positive feedbacks sound like something you see from review bots.
    Sorry this thread is old, but by me adding to it, there is now traffic back here.
    I was just saying what I said.... no other purpose than to help others.
    I see you base your opinion on a person by a old thread and the word of 1 member. I am by no means a scammer and have had many deals go well though this forum. Think what you will about me knowing you have never met me nor have any business speaking of me. Have a wonderful day.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I had a successful and fair ammo trade with Fordracer2082 last October. Seemed like an OK guy, deal went smoothly. I'm probably not a bot.

Hearsay and speculation besmirching one's reputation without first hand knowledge is probably as bad as backing out of a deal. This thread should be locked.
    Never met fordracer but I KNOW you aren't a bot. Even if you shoot like you are wired into SkyNet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom