• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    ATM Smash & Grabs Come To HoCo

Another ATM Smash and Grab...this time in Eklrdige in Howard County. Police believe this one is related to ATM thefts in Baltimore City & County. Ironically, they left behind a #bitcoin machine that far more cash in it than the ATM.

Thanks WBAL, I guess they’ll be back tomorrow.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Someone got pistol whipped and robbed just down the road at the laundromat in Elkridge.

I moved out of Baltimore precisely bc I didn't want to deal with this crap..... and the school system. Looks like I wasted my time on both fronts.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Why they did not have bollards or a big cement planter in front of window blows my mind.
    They put them there by windows just cause its close enough to the counter to direct people to use. But good god man, this sort of thing has been going on for a long time.
    I sometimes use this gas station cause its by my work but never go in. I would not say "burbs" so much cause its not that far from the Baltimore beltway/895

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Someone got pistol whipped and robbed just down the road at the laundromat in Elkridge.

I moved out of Baltimore precisely bc I didn't want to deal with this crap..... and the school system. Looks like I wasted my time on both fronts.

I grew up in Owings Mills. The key I find is to find a place with no public transportation.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Can someone explain the bitcoin ATM to me?

National Harbor Sunnoco has one of these. As far as I can tell, you can deposit funds into the machine. I imagine take them out, too.

I bet fee heavy?

I have never seen a soul at that machine.

I need to poke around more.

Who maintains these? Does Brinks come once a week to secure funds? Are they really an ATM? Or just a depository?

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Why is anyone surprised when any type of crime comes to your area? The whole central md area is becoming the citified. It sucks. Crap will happen anywhere there is an opportunity.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Why is anyone surprised when any type of crime comes to your area? The whole central md area is becoming the citified. It sucks. Crap will happen anywhere there is an opportunity.

You mean systemic racism, designed disadvantage, institutional inequity and xenophobic entrenchment.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    You'll notice that the rioting and looting still hasn't made it into the suburbs and is restricted to "soft targets" like big box stores and urban areas with strict gun control laws.

These people will eventually be emboldened to move into the suburbs where homeowners are sometimes armed. That'll be an interesting day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom