• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    on Sept 30th I made application via the MSP portal for the purchase of 2 Aero Lowers, I paid for the lowers on Oct 6th.
    On Oct 13th I received the "you are not disapproved email.

My understanding is since I bought 2 "regulated" items I had to wait 60 days before I could purchase another regulated firearm.

I will be purchasing a pistol tomorrow (filling out the 77R and doing the paperwork at the FFL)

Was my "official" purchase date of the 2 lowers the day I paid for them?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Unsure, someone will answer

But why not file for the designated collector thing and be exempted from the 30 day ******** forever?

on Sept 30th I made application via the MSP portal for the purchase of 2 Aero Lowers, I paid for the lowers on Oct 6th.
    On Oct 13th I received the "you are not disapproved email.

My understanding is since I bought 2 "regulated" items I had to wait 60 days before I could purchase another regulated firearm.

I will be purchasing a pistol tomorrow (filling out the 77R and doing the paperwork at the FFL)

Was my "official" purchase date of the 2 lowers the day I paid for them?

In your case, Oct 6th is when the 60 days starts. (The clock starts when you're matched to a specific firearm on the 77r.) I'm sure someone will come along and correct me, but I have done this twice (31-33 days both times) and have received "not disapproved emails a week later both times.
    Of course I'll also mention getting your designated collector letter.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Get your designated collector and a Bumble account. problem solved. your welcome.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Imagine my son's surprise when he went to the Black Friday sale at Freestate and bought 2 complete lowers and a Sig 365. And was told he couldn't get all 3 because he wasn't a collector! LOL! He got them to hold one of the lowers and filled out the collector's application and mailed it the following Monday. The guy at Freestate told him they don't send out letters anymore, you get an Email and they come pretty quick now.

Off_paper

Apr 30, 2021
    AACo
    Imagine my son's surprise when he went to the Black Friday sale at Freestate and bought 2 complete lowers and a Sig 365. And was told he couldn't get all 3 because he wasn't a collector! LOL! He got them to hold one of the lowers and filled out the collector's application and mailed it the following Monday. The guy at Freestate told him they don't send out letters anymore, you get an Email and they come pretty quick now.

Huh, wonder when that changed, I got my letter just a few months ago.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    My letter is lost in a drawer somewhere. Not that I’ve ever needed to show it.

Though what is interesting is the law really says the 2 in 60 is to take advantage of a sales price, a numbered collection or other non-standard purchase. But I’ve never heard any FFL not just doing the 77r and I’ve never heard of MSP disapproving no matter why.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    "rugulated purchases"

Approves

R.63db58db424a051528b0921bee9ca1e9

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    The thing about becoming a designated collector is that if you dont use it every 30 days you lose it. I have also heard of people being arrested and fined thousands of dollars for not using their designated collectors status monthly. My wife understands these rules and is ok with me doing what is needed to stay out of jail. The laws in this state are just crazy right?

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    The thing about becoming a designated collector is that if you dont use it every 30 days you lose it. I have also heard of people being arrested and fined thousands of dollars for not using their designated collectors status monthly. My wife understands these rules and is ok with me doing what is needed to stay out of jail. The laws in this state are just crazy right?

Not true

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021

:lol:

no its a fact. use it or lose it.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Edited to remove previous comment... I think I missed the tongue in cheek aspect.

:)

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Fortunately every gun is $300 so I can afford to stay on top of the law. My wife also understands this.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    When the law came into effect, it was not so easy to get the DC letter. You really had to prove that you really were a collector, with some plan to your collection.

So my friend decided, "One handgun a month, it's the law." So for a few years he pretty much bought one per month. :D

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

You must be cracking a funny?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom