• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    I live in Baldwin (walking distance to Fallston) and have started looking for a private range. I have been to IWL York a good bit and like the setup. Just putting this out there to see if there is anything closer. Also, I have a 12yo that wants to start shooting/hunting so if they have events for kids that would be awesome. Primarily interested in a rifle range. Clays, pistol, and or action would be a bonus.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Like Bert said and https://mackscedargunclub.com/ to get started with shot gunning at Trap shooting.

Find a neighbor farmer and talk to them about teaching your kid how to shoot. They may be able to accommodate you with a safe place.
    If you haven't already. Hunters Safety Course. NRA training.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Delta Peachbottom is a great club and less than a half hour away. Cheap dues and I think they only require 8 work hours a year. Plenty of events.

I think thier dues are $85/yr

I prefer the facilities at York but for you, Delta/Peach bottom is much closer

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Not sure if you want to drive the distance but the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore (www.agcrange.org) has three clubs that have youth (juniors) programs: Monumental Rifle and Pistol Club, Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club, and Stemmers Run Rifle and Pistol Club.

The range is located in Marriottsville Maryland.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    I live in Baldwin (walking distance to Fallston) and have started looking for a private range. I have been to IWL York a good bit and like the setup. Just putting this out there to see if there is anything closer. Also, I have a 12yo that wants to start shooting/hunting so if they have events for kids that would be awesome. Primarily interested in a rifle range. Clays, pistol, and or action would be a bonus.

Hello neighbor, I am in Baldwin too.. As the others have posted, Delta is 20-25 mins away and Southern Lancaster is another 20 mins. We belong to both and highly recommend both…

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    There is also Hopewell Fish and Game 2 miles over the line into PA. Archery, pistol, rifle (300 yards), clays (sporting and trap). Rifle range has lights at each target back stop and you can shoot till pretty late at night. They do quite a bit of stuff for kids and raise trout for the streams. You can hunt on the property during deer season.

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    There is also Hopewell Fish and Game 2 miles over the line into PA. Archery, pistol, rifle (300 yards), clays (sporting and trap). Rifle range has lights at each target back stop and you can shoot till pretty late at night. They do quite a bit of stuff for kids and raise trout for the streams. You can hunt on the property during deer season.
    Jess,
    Are you a member?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    There is a junior air rifle program in both Rising Sun meets at the American Legion bingo hall Tues.evenings from 7-9 (may be off for the holidays) and in Perryville meets at the American Legion I think Wednesday? evenings 7-9? (also may be off for holidays).

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Lancaster seems to be the place especially that Hopewell and now Delta are "work" clubs for new members

Maybe some people are into that, I'm not, I'd pay more money not to work because I'm also lazy as hell with hobbies. I barely make enough time to shoot, I doubt I'd have +8 hours a year especially making time on a weekend.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    Are hopewell and southern Lancaster taking new members? Membership at delta seems to always be closed. And from what I heard they cut their membership numbers a year or two ago to downsize the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Check out Hopewell -they have a lot of stuff-fishing-archery etc and kids are cheap or free to shoot sporting clays--not that far from you -near Shrewsbury---they have Fishing rodeo coming up next month

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Are hopewell and southern Lancaster taking new members? Membership at delta seems to always be closed. And from what I heard they cut their membership numbers a year or two ago to downsize the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLCFSA is doing 1 more membership orientation I think, looks like they did two more than they usually do (?) but I guess it's extra income for their clubhouse build.

The only problem with Hopewell is their 8 hour work detail pre membership. In my mind and how it usually goes for me, the friend of a friend of a friend gets to work an easy inside the clubhouse schedule checking in sporting clay shooters where I'd show up and have to split firewood for 8 hours. LOL

Nah.

rob b

c@r collecting
    from SLCFSA web page

https://www.slcfsa.org/

NEW MEMBERSHIP 2022

Please read the instructions for the Renewal and New Member Form, it has valuable information and instructions that are not listed here.

New Member Fee: $100 due at orientation – check or money order only.

Payable to SLCFSA. NO CASH (except for purchases of club sales items)

2022 Orientation dates: Please arrive by 8:30 for a 9:00 meeting

Sunday, January 9
    Saturday, February 5
    Sunday, March 6
    Saturday, April 9
    Non-PA residents welcome. Why Sunday mornings? This is the only mornings the ranges are closed, no shooting until noon on Sundays. On the two Saturdays the orientation will be held the ranges will be live and hearing protection will be required. Hearing protection will be available to those not bringing any hearing protection. You can now access the New Member form on the SLCFSA website and fill it out before orientation, note that it has fillable fields so you can complete it with your keyboard or fill it out by hand. Your signature on the waiver MUST be done by hand. DO NOT MAIL THE FORM OR PAYMENT, you must present the form with payment at orientation. There will also be forms at orientation for those who do not have access to a computer and/or a printer.

Orientation takes place at 742 Hollow Road New Providence PA. No reservation required. Parking is limited: please try to carpool if coming with friends. Please arrive by 8:30 a.m. Orientation begins at 9:00 and typically lasts for 3 hours. You will be standing most of this time with about 30 minutes of touring the ranges. Bring a chair if you wish, dress warm as it may be cold, snowing and raining.

No Applications or payments shall be submitted or accepted until orientation day. PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED.

Sale items at orientation-separate cash/check/money order accepted.

Not to be combined with your New Member dues payment

T-shirts with club logo – S through XL $15.00, 2XL & 3XL $20.00

Chamber Flags $1.00 (highly recommended)

Lanyards $1.00 (great for your gate access card)

Club pins for the new year are free at orientation, do not forget! Grab one.

You are considered a Prospective New Member until you are voted into membership at a General Membership Meeting following the orientation you attend. General Membership Meetings are held on the third Monday of each month. You are not required to be present at the meeting but it is recommended. If you are denied membership you will be notified via a phone call and/or email and your dues will be refunded. You will not be notified if voted in as a New Member.

Please note: Gate cards will be active 7-10 days after a member being voted in at a General Membership Meeting. You are not able to join in the morning and shoot in the afternoon. As the gate cards are activated a notice will be posted on the SLCFSA website for each orientation month. Example – “New Members who attended the January orientation you now have range access”.

Active law enforcement, first responders, & active-duty military may join during the year outside of the normal orientation window. Please inquire via email at membership@slcfsa.org

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Yeah the SLCFSA website is pretty on point. 3 hour new member orientation must be worst case scenario, with 90ish people signing up when I went, finished and
    out the gate at 10:15

Basically if you spend like 20-30 minutes gawking at the website you'll cover everything thats talked about during orientation. They split up everyone into several groups to tour the ranges or turn in your application/check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom