• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    So I was in Hanover Armory earlier to get my P80 frame engraved with a serial number. They said they can’t do it because it’s illegal.

I just wanted a serial number engraved on my frame so I can be identified if ever it gets lost stolen or whatever.

Where in AA can I get this done? Thanks

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    so is it really illegal for HA to engrave a S/N to my build P80? or was I just really unlucky to talk to the wrong person in the shop? The person I talked to actually went to the back of the store to ask someone...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Many online retailers offer 80% serializing, but that's on an uncompleted frame. I don't understand why it would be illegal. I would look or call around some more though.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    As I understand it, there's nothing illegal about performing an engraving service on a home built firearm. Plenty of places will engrave your form one nfa stuff. Call down to engage or accuforge.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Call the MSP,, they will know !! :lol2:

so is it really illegal for HA to engrave a S/N to my build P80? or was I just really unlucky to talk to the wrong person in the shop? The person I talked to actually went to the back of the store to ask someone...

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Gun Metals on Jumper's Hole Rd says they will engrave anything you want on a frame. I've never used them but I have talked to the owner about doing just what you want and had heard other good references.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri

You talked to a misinformed person. Not illegal, but could be misconstrued as manufacturing. In either case, it is their prerogative to turn away work.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hmm

You talked to a misinformed person. Not illegal, but could be misconstrued as manufacturing. In either case, it is their prerogative to turn away work.

Interesting take. Funny, though how CA says you need to serialize said lowers- however, I do not know of pre completion or after completion

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    As I understand it, there's nothing illegal about performing an engraving service on a home built firearm. Plenty of places will engrave your form one nfa stuff. Call down to engage or accuforge.

I etch serials into all of my 80 percents (almost all). If they are stolen, I want them back! I have some really nice guns built from 80%s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom