• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjaw

Nov 14, 2014
    Monkton, MD.
    Hey folks, does anybody have knowledge and Comments about Turan new brass 9mm FMJ ammo?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    It is turk. On par with a lot of the eastern european stuff. Comparable to zvs or the balkan stuff that got rebranded as hotshot by century iirc. Haven't chronod any to test consistency but it runs glocks, hks, etc on the handgun side and the mp5s and uzi's on the subgun side (uzi's will run on just about anything though so take that for what it's worth).

Can't comment on reloadability as I haven't tried yet.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Facebook page says they go kaboom.

ecb065c572f81e4439756948b698bded.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Got the same email and was wondering about it myself. As long as it doesn’t kaboom my gun, I’m good with it.

ETA, sounds like they kaboom the gun. I’m a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Turkish lira collapsed, so that's why you're seeing this flood of cheap Turkish ammo and shotguns.

I would point out that the P320s tend to not have such awesome chamber support, which is why marginal ammo can sometimes result in case ruptures (that blow out the extractor).

tjaw

Nov 14, 2014
    Monkton, MD.
    First the Turkish lira...next, the USD?

Hey everybody, thanks for your Comments. Though the number of Comments is too small to draw a statistical inference, I have read enough to know that I will pass on this ammo, out of an abundance of caution (I have a P320-M17), and because I can...

even though as I am writing this post, my Nest Egg is being devalued deliberately as a way to transfer wealth from those who have it to those who want it...or is this something like from each according...?

Anyway, thanks, and Merry Christmas all! 8)

tjaw

Nov 14, 2014
    Monkton, MD.
    Paying more than the $290 Turan, but have confidence in the higher-price stuff...

Hey everybody, thanks for your Comments. Though the number of Comments is too small to draw a statistical inference, I have read enough to know that I will pass on this ammo, out of an abundance of caution (I have a P320-M17), and because I can...

even though as I am writing this post, my Nest Egg is being devalued deliberately as a way to transfer wealth from those who have it to those who want it...or is this something like from each according...?

Anyway, thanks, and Merry Christmas all! 8)

I will be acquiring my desired 1K rounds (I dislike it when I drop below...oh, I should just shut up...).

NebTim

Leonidas likes Patriots
    Apr 11, 2018
    Marilandistan
    perfect timing this discussion, I was wondering the same thing. going to pass on it until or unless its proven to be safe and reliable. thanks!

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    There is a YouTube video of some dumb ass removing a stuck round. One of the comments suggested what I would consider the safest & proper removal of a stuck round. Of course his pride was hurt and lashes out.

In any event another issue with Turan rounds.

https://youtu.be/neryUZALSrY

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom