• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I'll be bringing my cousins out shooting at AGC for Christmas eve. What is AGC's guest policy when it comes to minors and are they subjected to guest fees?

Raiderjack23

MDS Supporter
    Jul 10, 2020
    Carroll County
    From the Policies and Procedures manual on the AGC website.

"XXIV. Guest Policy
    (Adopted 4 December 2019)
    PURPOSE
    Specify how non-badge-holders (Guests) may use AGC facilities.
    APPLICABILITY
    For Individual badge-holders that bring Guests.
    EXCEPTIONS
    • Individuals shooting under control of an AGC volunteer or RSO
    (for example, Hunter Qualification or Hunter Sight-in, Public Trap…)
    • Those shooting in or observing AGC or Club Events as those reporting procedures are
    covered in the Event Policy.
    OVERVIEW
    AGC requires AGC range badges to be in the possession of the named badge-holder and
    readily visible at all times while on AGC property. Valid AGC range badge-holders may
    bring Guests and this policy specifies how.
    RESPONSIBILITIES
    The Executive Committee is responsible for the administration of this policy
    The Executive Vice President is responsible for monitoring/enforcing facility safety and
    use regulations.
    AGC badge-holders are responsible for reporting and monitoring their guests.
    DEFINITIONS
    • Shooting Guest: Guests who will be shooting and handling uncased firearms under
    the direct supervision of the accompanying valid AGC range badge-holder.
    • Observer Guest: Non-shooting guests under the direct supervision of the
    accompanying valid AGC range badge-holder.

PROCEDURES
    1) An AGC badge-holder must register each Guest at the Barnes Range House and
    obtain the appropriate wristband for them upon arriving on AGC property.
    a. Shooting Guests are issued a single use, disposable, colored (color varies
    daily) wristband valid only for that day.
    b. Observer Guests are issued a single-use, disposable fluorescent orange
    wristband.
    2) ALL guests of AGC badge-holders MUST receive a safety briefing from
    sponsoring badge-holder directly following registration.
    Page 76
    3) An AGC badge-holder is fully responsible for all of his/her guests as described in
    the range rules.
    4) Wristbands must be visibly worn while on AGC property.
    5) Observer Guests are not permitted on the firing line for ANY reason at any time.
    a. 50-yard, 100-yard, and 200-yard ranges – must remain behind the shooter.
    b. Trap range – must remain behind shooting field to include area of concrete
    handicap zones.
    c. Shooting Bays – must remain behind the entry area to the bay.
    d. Archery range – not allowed in area designated as archery range. Must
    remain behind the entry area to the bay.
    6) Guests may accompany badge-holder downrange while posting or pulling targets
    or target frames, but must remain with badge-holder at all times. All guests not
    going downrange must remain behind the shooting line at all times, see #5a-d
    above.
    7) Observer Guests may not handle ANY firearms or archery equipment at any time
    while on AGC property. Cased firearms and archery equipment can be carried by
    Observer Guests.
    FEES
    1) No fees will be charged for Observer Guests.
    2) All Shooting Guests will be charged $10.00 for each day’s visit. Exception: No
    charge for AGC badge-holder’s spouse or anyone under the age of 18 or those
    under the age of 21 participating in an AGC junior shooting program.
    3) Fees are to be paid at the Barnes Range House upon check-in. "

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    From the Policies and Procedures manual on the AGC website.

"XXIV. Guest Policy
    (Adopted 4 December 2019)
    PURPOSE
    Specify how non-badge-holders (Guests) may use AGC facilities.
    APPLICABILITY
    For Individual badge-holders that bring Guests.
    EXCEPTIONS
    • Individuals shooting under control of an AGC volunteer or RSO
    (for example, Hunter Qualification or Hunter Sight-in, Public Trap…)
    • Those shooting in or observing AGC or Club Events as those reporting procedures are
    covered in the Event Policy.
    OVERVIEW
    AGC requires AGC range badges to be in the possession of the named badge-holder and
    readily visible at all times while on AGC property. Valid AGC range badge-holders may
    bring Guests and this policy specifies how.
    RESPONSIBILITIES
    The Executive Committee is responsible for the administration of this policy
    The Executive Vice President is responsible for monitoring/enforcing facility safety and
    use regulations.
    AGC badge-holders are responsible for reporting and monitoring their guests.
    DEFINITIONS
    • Shooting Guest: Guests who will be shooting and handling uncased firearms under
    the direct supervision of the accompanying valid AGC range badge-holder.
    • Observer Guest: Non-shooting guests under the direct supervision of the
    accompanying valid AGC range badge-holder.

PROCEDURES
    1) An AGC badge-holder must register each Guest at the Barnes Range House and
    obtain the appropriate wristband for them upon arriving on AGC property.
    a. Shooting Guests are issued a single use, disposable, colored (color varies
    daily) wristband valid only for that day.
    b. Observer Guests are issued a single-use, disposable fluorescent orange
    wristband.
    2) ALL guests of AGC badge-holders MUST receive a safety briefing from
    sponsoring badge-holder directly following registration.
    Page 76
    3) An AGC badge-holder is fully responsible for all of his/her guests as described in
    the range rules.
    4) Wristbands must be visibly worn while on AGC property.
    5) Observer Guests are not permitted on the firing line for ANY reason at any time.
    a. 50-yard, 100-yard, and 200-yard ranges – must remain behind the shooter.
    b. Trap range – must remain behind shooting field to include area of concrete
    handicap zones.
    c. Shooting Bays – must remain behind the entry area to the bay.
    d. Archery range – not allowed in area designated as archery range. Must
    remain behind the entry area to the bay.
    6) Guests may accompany badge-holder downrange while posting or pulling targets
    or target frames, but must remain with badge-holder at all times. All guests not
    going downrange must remain behind the shooting line at all times, see #5a-d
    above.
    7) Observer Guests may not handle ANY firearms or archery equipment at any time
    while on AGC property. Cased firearms and archery equipment can be carried by
    Observer Guests.
    FEES
    1) No fees will be charged for Observer Guests.
    2) All Shooting Guests will be charged $10.00 for each day’s visit. Exception: No
    charge for AGC badge-holder’s spouse or anyone under the age of 18 or those

under the age of 21 participating in an AGC junior shooting program.
    3) Fees are to be paid at the Barnes Range House upon check-in. "

This addressed my inquiry. Thanks for the response!

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    10$ and sign them in . They should get a paper wristband . Just make sure they follow rules from there while you all are shooting./ cease fire .

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think the 10.00 should go to the person who bought the range badge.

uhhhh, so getting a range badge becomes a business/income?

So not the best for your first post.

$10 fee became so due to some bad apples constantly bringing in shooting buddies that never paid. Right or wrong.
    My only complaint is that I felt a member should have X free guests per year. Or I'd like to buy some guest tickets ahead of time so I don't have to pull out cash and make my guests feel bad when I pay for them myself.

BADSHOT

Still Learning
    Dec 27, 2021
    How weird county
    Uh,not trying to make money off my range badge but I did pay 200.00 so as you said we should have a certain amount of free guest passes included.

But since we don’t it would be nice to get reimbursed a little.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Uh,not trying to make money off my range badge but I did pay 200.00 so as you said we should have a certain amount of free guest passes included.

You are new here. So take this advice with the intention of being helpful. This subject pretty much made the AGC stop being a IP here. So please cease with the comments about guest fees. It got long and ugly.

BADSHOT

Still Learning
    Dec 27, 2021
    How weird county
    You are new here. So take this advice with the intention of being helpful. This subject pretty much made the AGC stop being a IP here. So please cease with the comments about guest fees. It got long and ugly.

Point taken. Thank you. Wasn’t trying to create any problems.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

It was/still is a very contentious topic especially with those long time members of the AGC. The guest fee isn't going anywhere because it came about right before the biggest surge of firearm sales ever in this country and the opening of the action shooting ranges, both of which drove record numbers of attendance and guest badge sales and now those responsible think that they are the smartest fellers around.

My reverse prediction was that if they had implemented this in say, 2011 it would have been a giant dud and subsequently done away with.

It was/still is a very contentious topic especially with those long time members of the AGC. The guest fee isn't going anywhere because it came about right before the biggest surge of firearm sales ever in this country and the opening of the action shooting ranges, both of which drove record numbers of attendance and guest badge sales and now those responsible think that they are the smartest fellers around.

My reverse prediction was that if they had implemented this in say, 2011 it would have been a giant dud and subsequently done away with.

I concur.
    Kool Kids on 1/16?

I will clarify what happened on this forum because you weren't a member here yet. After that, we shouldn't go further- it will get ugly...
    There were 3-4 members who brought the same guest to the range 20+ times a year- free of charge. Most members brought a total of 5 or less guests per year. The rules were changed so everyone's guests have to pay $10 per visit. A lot of people were upset that the whole membership was "punished" due to a few bad apples.
    **Please don't anyone reply/pile on- we all know how that would turn out.**

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You're gonna hate me- suppressed 10/22. The good news is I only have a minute per stage to frustrate you with jams.
    Oh yeah, I finally got an XFive Legion. I'll still suck, but I will look kool doing it.

LOLOL!

The suppressed 10/22 is going to be a no go, unless you want your score to be 60 every time. The timers won't pick it up.

You're going to love the X5.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom