• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    I'm looking for a machine shop, preferably in the Rockville area, to fabricate a small metal bracket (for a car). I've made one myself, but it isn't pretty. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    Right. I know how to do it, sorry if I wasn't clear in my post. I am looking for the name/address of a machine shop in Rockville that can fab it for me.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Not in rockville bling services, middle river. My buddy and i have used their expertise to fab new bracket mounts and reinforcing i beams on our splitter.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    Nobody else has asked so I'm gonna have to be that guy. What's the purpose and application? Something cool like intercooler bracket or LS swap in to a Beemer or just a mundane replacement or relocate to make something more convenient? Morbid curiousity always gets the best of me.

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    Merry Christmas!

Nothing too exotic. I needed a small L-shaped bracket, about 6 inches long x 1 inch wide, with 3 holes for mounting an oil catch can in one of my cars. An OCC is used to scavenge and collect oil vapor from the PCV system on gasoline direct injection engines, which, it is commonly believed, experience significant valve carbonization because of the engine and valve train’s design and where fuel is introduced into the intake system.

The can and associated hardware are inexpensive and easy to install. The biggest problem is finding a suitable mounting point and fabbing a bracket. I have done so, but I’d like a prettier one since it’s a new car. Happy to answer any other questions you might have.

Dsnyder

MDS Supporter
    Jun 23, 2015
    Baltimore
    What's the diameter of your occ.? I used a really neat bicycle bottle holder on a customer's car. They come in all kinds of styles and colors.

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    After doing some research, I realized that the cost of the cans range from about $20 to about $300, yet they are all basically the same. The can I am installing is a standard aluminum model, just under 2.5 inches. Because it's black (many colors are available), it blends in well.

There’s not a lot of room, so I’m going to attach the bracket to a handy body bolt and cantilever into position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom