• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    We just had the Walgreens hit up the road in Abingdon the same way about a week ago. Crashed a stolen car through the front facade, probably to try and get to the ATM. Last I heard they hadn't been caught yet either.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1640123030952.jpg
      FB_IMG_1640123030952.jpg
      116.5 KB · Views: 1,164

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am wondering how they get all the guns; don't owners lock up guns in safe at end of day/night? or just leave all the stuff in glass cases

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I am wondering how they get all the guns; don't owners lock up guns in safe at end of day/night? or just leave all the stuff in glass cases

IIRC I think they use shutters for the most part for the windows and doors. Also with their proximity to a major highway it is ballsy they are only like 20-30 feet off the road so they are not some "secluded" building in a business center. This method of theft is hard to prevent but I see the bollard business picking up soon.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    IIRC I think they use shutters for the most part for the windows and doors. Also with their proximity to a major highway it is ballsy they are only like 20-30 feet off the road so they are not some "secluded" building in a business center. This method of theft is hard to prevent but I see the bollard business picking up soon.

Yes bollards are a great way to prevent smash and grabs. 6” diameter would do the trick cemented in two or three feet.

lockandload

Oct 26, 2012
    J&K Break In

This really sucks. I have been a customer of J&K for years and they have always treated and the community really well. I really hope that the police are able to bring this case to a close quickly.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    AACO is debating several firearms bills at the next council session (1/4, IIRC). One of them is an FFL storage bill that we saw in Baltimore County before, pushing security audits by the PD, among other onerous requirements for those FFL that do not own the property and parking lot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    We just had the Walgreens hit up the road in Abingdon the same way about a week ago. Crashed a stolen car through the front facade, probably to try and get to the ATM. Last I heard they hadn't been caught yet either.

Talked with a trooper that responded to that. No arrests yet. They dumped the stolen car back in a neighborhood within minutes of the alarm going off. Then escaped in other vehicles. They didn't get the ATM, so that was a plus.

lockandload

Oct 26, 2012
    Thanks for the insight Sampson. This hurts all of us! I wonder what type of energy this gets from law enforcement.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I would bet $1000 that the police have "closed the case" on those involved, multiple times in the past.

I would also bet that those in Annapolis who count those miscreants as their own,, will be introducing legislation to reduce penalties and bail for them.

This really sucks. I have been a customer of J&K for years and they have always treated and the community really well. I really hope that the police are able to bring this case to a close quickly.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Thanks for the insight Sampson. This hurts all of us! I wonder what type of energy this gets from law enforcement.

The ATM smash and grab has a lot of attention on it. A friend has been working a bunch of OT for this. They've even caught a few perps, but there are many people involved. Hopefully, with J/K's being hit, more fed agencies will be involved now.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    This is terrible. We need some common sense auto theft and burglary laws. It should be illegal for people to steal cars and drive them into pawn shops and steal guns. I'm drafing an email to Jamie Raskin right now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom