• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I have a basic AR15 with Magpul MOE stock.
    I just noticed the MOE stock has NO QD mount holes points for a sling. (REALLY Magpul????)
    The hand guard has QD mount holes

SO I am looking for a very basic Sling, with a QD button on the fron and a pigtail strap to thread through the MOE on the rear.

All the sling I am looking at have the same attachments, front and rear,, and the QDs are sewn, cant remove them.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't like QD sling attachments. They rattle more than two skeletons screwing on a tin roof using a soup can for a rubber.

I'm moving more and more to para-cord attachments(cuz I hates noise).

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    USGI web sling with a 1.25 QD mount for the front. The rear would go through the slot on the stock. Just remove the metal mount that comes on it

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    uh thanks

I don't like QD sling attachments. They rattle more than two skeletons screwing on a tin roof using a soup can for a rubber.

I'm moving more and more to para-cord attachments(cuz I hates noise).

thanks for that detailed visual that will now be stuck in my head. fml. :P

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Anyone ever have a QD point rust up. I have.
    I have used them a ton overseas in multiple places (to include some very humid areas with a lot of salt in the air) and never had issues with them. But they are made of steel (hopefully), so rust is definitely a possible outcome.

They’re the standard at this point, but the good thing about slings is that you can attach them however you like. My first couple deployments in the Army I used a field expedient 2 point adjustable constructed from 550 cord, 100 mile an hour tape, and an old GI sling. Worked fine, but I’ll take my ferro concepts sling and QDs over it any day of the week.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have used them a ton overseas in multiple places (to include some very humid areas with a lot of salt in the air) and never had issues with them. But they are made of steel (hopefully), so rust is definitely a possible outcome.

They’re the standard at this point, but the good thing about slings is that you can attach them however you like. My first couple deployments in the Army I used a field expedient 2 point adjustable constructed from 550 cord, 100 mile an hour tape, and an old GI sling. Worked fine, but I’ll take my ferro concepts sling and QDs over it any day of the week.

In my case, it was an early iteration(over ten years ago?). This happened after an extended period of time out doors in all kinds of weather. But that's not my main source of hatred for them. They are noisy(redundant).

"Standard" is another word for stagnation. There is always room for improvement and innovation. I'm drawn to the Blue Force cable attachments but the price tag is prohibitive for me to take even a small plunge. For now, it's gonna be 550 cord and Paraclips for me. :)

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    In my case, it was an early iteration(over ten years ago?). This happened after an extended period of time out doors in all kinds of weather. But that's not my main source of hatred for them. They are noisy(redundant).

"Standard" is another word for stagnation. There is always room for improvement and innovation. I'm drawn to the Blue Force cable attachments but the price tag is prohibitive for me to take even a small plunge. For now, it's gonna be 550 cord and Paraclips for me. :)
    I have played around with the blue force cable attachments. The newer version with the detachable cable is better than the older version, but now the buckle is made of polymer, which may or may not be flimsy compared to the metal it replaced. Didn’t love it, went back to QDs.

Some of my rifles are set up so that only the front attachment point is QD, and the rear is just looped through the butt stock. A lot of the modern slings seem to use really thin material that bunches and binds against the QD, which is annoying. That problem can be solved with some plastic and duct tape, or you can just loop it without the QD and it usually lays better. Notably, the savvy sniper slings do not have this issue because it is made of proper material at both ends.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have played around with the blue force cable attachments. The newer version with the detachable cable is better than the older version, but now the buckle is made of polymer, which may or may not be flimsy compared to the metal it replaced. Didn’t love it, went back to QDs.

Some of my rifles are set up so that only the front attachment point is QD, and the rear is just looped through the butt stock. A lot of the modern slings seem to use really thin material that bunches and binds against the QD, which is annoying. That problem can be solved with some plastic and duct tape, or you can just loop it without the QD and it usually lays better. Notably, the savvy sniper slings do not have this issue because it is made of proper material at both ends.

:thumbsup:

Much appreciated.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I have two ARs setup with 2pt slings. Both have QDs at the front and the stock end is threaded though the stock. I have a Magpul CTR and MFT stock. The slings are BFG Vickers and a Vikings tactics. Btw OP, the MOE is meant to be cheap. So no QD cups. Get a CTR or something else if you want that.

Attachments

• 20211231_195759.jpg
      20211231_195759.jpg
      77.3 KB · Views: 136

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads