• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Your problem will be whether to buy the first good one you see or look for a better deal, then take the chance the first one is still there when you go back, if you can find it.

HINT: take a small pad of paper and write down the aisle number if you see something you want to go back to.

GREAT! I'm going to enjoy this show!

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    HINT: take a small pad of paper and write down the aisle number if you see something you want to go back to.

Problem is, there are a gazillion tables on each aisle, so you gotta be more specific than just the aisle number.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Perfect find for me:

.32 caliber, flintlock, full length wood. Well used, doesn't need to be extra fancy or fancy maple. I don't want an antique, with long history, for $$$$.
    I want an operational flintlock, that I can enjoy at the range and in the woods squirrel hunting, with full length wood.
    Decent. When you enter, there will be two rooms. You enter a relatively small one - this will have the food/drink, and a lot of contemporary muzzleloading stuff. Check this first. Then go to the larger room, but start your sweep at the left end as you enter. Most - not all, but most - of the contemporary stuff will be at that end. The right side tends to be antiques.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Would this be a good place to find a Mauser? I'm in the market for one, and have been looking at m48, 24/47.

Shane762

Jan 2, 2011
    New Market, MD
    Since everyone else is posting their hope-to-finds I'm hoping to see some Napoleonic era flintlocks. Probably won't be able to afford any of them but at least I can get an idea on what they're running.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    WE will be there to do transfers for people at the show, we are also bringing a small selection of C&R longuns and some appropriate accessories to sell at the show.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    WE will be there to do transfers for people at the show, we are also bringing a small selection of C&R longuns and some appropriate accessories to sell at the show.

What's your table number and any idea what you'll be charging?
    Thank You, your service will be much appreciated.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Spent some of the money I was holding for the gun show on the Arisaka this week. Still planning on going. Who knows, maybe the right k98k will jump out at me.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Your problem will be whether to buy the first good one you see or look for a better deal, then take the chance the first one is still there when you go back, if you can find it.

You got that right. About 4 years ago I came across a 1960 Browning Superposed 20 ga in a Browning case. Nice condition pre salt gun. Price was $1450. I started to talk to the guy at the table who told me the owner was getting something to eat and would be back in 10 minutes. So I walked on down to the end of the aisle looking and stopped back by while walking down the opposite side. Table owner was back and the gun was gone. I wasn't even away from it for 10 minutes!

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    when I think of what I have actually left with from that show over the years I realize that there is no other show like it. From the MACA show I have a 16 gauge Darne, a nice 12 gauge Manufrance Ideal, a smoking nice 16 gauge Pieper hammergun with 32" barrels and gold inlay, a Lyman super target spot 15 power scope in the wood box, and lots of gewgaws. Then there are the ones I didn't buy that still haunt me.
    Anyway I joined MACA but not in time to get in the show a day early or for free, but 10 bucks well spent to get in, my 3rd meeting will be April....

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I'm selling guns at the show that I bought at the show years ago. Some I bought when it was at the 5th Regiment Armory.
    The first time I ever went to a gun show it was this one in 1973. I bought my Browning T-Bolt for $75. Real nice Winchester 1892's were going for $250. Back in those days magazine articles were tooting the advantage to buying old guns. Writers would hint look for nice Marlins because they were cheaper than a Winchester and could be bought at a bargain.
    The show is not as well attended as it used to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom