• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Happy New Year, y’all!

I am pretty confident I am missing something simple here but:

For any of you who have mounted a “pic-rail” type-attached bipod on your “standard” 15-22 fore end (the one that appears to be MLOK); what Mount did you use to convert that standard 15-22 “MLOK” to a pic rail?

I ask as this evening I tried and tried but simply could not get the locking “tabs” on my mlock - to - pic-rail mounts to stop spinning, inside the 15-22 polymer forend …

In other words, no matter what I tried, there didn’t seem to be anything for those tabs to “grab onto” or “lock” into … inside that polymer forend. (In fact, more than once, I removed the mount and noticed plastic under the MLOK locking tabs, telling me alls that happening is those metal tabs are simply gouging the inside of the polymer fore-end …

And, it doesn’t appear there is anyway to “get inside” the 15-22 fore-end (appears to be one, integral piece; can’t “halve” the 15-22 fore-end like a center fire fore-end and hold the locking tabs with a pair of pliers while tightening down the Allen screw …

Pretty close to thinking I was losing it, I grabbed an actual (center fire) AR with a fore-end with openings which appeared identical to the granddaughter’s 15-22 and those tabs locked right into the inside of the aluminum center fire AR’s fore-end …

Granddaughter is positively apey over her 15-22 and asked for a bipod for Christmas which she got (one that attaches to a pic rail) … I would simply order her up one that attaches directly to MLOK forends except I anticipate I am still going to encounter the problem with the metal tabs of the MLOK device not “grabbing” and “locking” onto the inside of the polymer forend …

Thanks in advance for any assist! :thumbsup:

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Typically the issue is that you have excess thread locker (if we are talking a Magpul M-Lok rail section, for instance) that makes it difficult to get to lock the first time. A lot of us will essentially screw the nut onto the fastener the first time while not using the attachment (all the way down), align it to the rail section, and then attach the component, unthread till it rotates, then tighten again and it will lock. Easier than it sounds - see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVbNcTmA5LQ

Does that solve your issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom