• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    That's a good deal, and the 15-22 is an excellent little rifle. If I can get some things settled, I may grab that one. I've tried a few other .22s and haven't been happy. The 15-22s always make me happy

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    They won't do that either. I've tried it before

Who's they? That must be new. I've done it for years with Palmetto, Sportsmans Outdoors and Kentucky.

The last was a Ruger carbine about 2 years ago. Still have the Security 9 mag and nothing to use it with.

jpprock

Feb 24, 2012
    Easton
    Who's they? That must be new. I've done it for years with Palmetto, Sportsmans Outdoors and Kentucky.

The last was a Ruger carbine about 2 years ago. Still have the Security 9 mag and nothing to use it with.

They as in psa, they wouldn't ship the gun with a 25rd mag to a DE ffl for me. They did offer to remove the mag. This was a couple years ago

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There are other resources out there who will ship mags to non-billing addresses. OP, if you are set on that gun, why not buy it? There's always a way to get mags. The rest of the world is not as insane as Merryland.

BADSHOT

Still Learning
    Dec 27, 2021
    How weird county

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    Kman, if you ever want to try both,
    I’ll meet you at the Guntry to try them out .

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    M&P 15-22 Deal. Thoughts?

They as in psa, they wouldn't ship the gun with a 25rd mag to a DE ffl for me. They did offer to remove the mag. This was a couple years ago

I’m sure if the DE FFL ordered one from PSA they would. Then you go buy it. May be a little more but at least you’d have the mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Thanks for the comments, advice and offers.
    The world has changed and my feelings are hurt.
    As someone posted, PSA no longer ships to out of state FFLs from the buyer.
    I had a great run of getting firearms with no tax and keeping standard capacity magazines for years.

Oh well. Probably just do without and save my $.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have one, it’s a fun little shooter. I think I paid $350 for it. $500+ is “real” AR territory, not sure I’d spend that much on a plinker.

Mar 3, 2013
    They are a lot of fun. Mine was very accurate right out of the box. I don't think I ever touched the sights. I can't remember what I payed for it, had it for years.

intobaitem

Jul 31, 2010
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Bought one of these when they first came out. Still have it and shoot it pretty much every time I can get to the range. Everyone enjoys it and newbies feel less intimidated starting out with it. Lighter, near zero recoil, quieter, easy to operate and shoot and pretty damn accurate. If you want a 22 with a real AR feel, just get a conversion kit IMHO. Think I paid $329 or 349 and was bone stock. No flip ups or anything. With a case and 3 mags that price seems pretty good.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Fair warning, you're gonna have a devil of a time finding mags for it, should you decide to get more; MSRP's $24.95 for them, and I've seen dealers charging as high as $40. The 15-22 also had a safety recall back in 2019, if memory serves, but I believe that only affected models made prior to 2/1/19.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Fair warning, you're gonna have a devil of a time finding mags for it, should you decide to get more; MSRP's $24.95 for them, and I've seen dealers charging as high as $40. The 15-22 also had a safety recall back in 2019, if memory serves, but I believe that only affected models made prior to 2/1/19.

There’s a lot of us that can be convinced to meet out of state. We buy cheap and deep when times are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom