• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Def. Trying to go. I need some ammo for the surplus guns and maybe some mags. Hope prices aren’t insane. Really looking for some 6.5 jap and m1 food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FAL-Ordinance

Mar 30, 2021
    Baltimore
    Can anyone advise on whether the Gettysburg show typically has a good turnout of tables with Mil surplus rifles and parts? Considering making the trek from MD, for a couple projects in flight.

Cheers

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Can anyone advise on whether the Gettysburg show typically has a good turnout of tables with Mil surplus rifles and parts? Considering making the trek from MD, for a couple projects in flight.

Cheers

I’ve had a few good trips up there. It really depends. Sometimes it’s good for it and other times I’ve been completely Skunked or nothing but really high prices.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thanks - will likely cross my fingers and give it a go.

Sorry, I know my response wasn’t super helpful. It’s just hard to say what will be there. I missed a great deal on a good Turk Mauser a few shows back (I waited too long) but other shows nothing. There are always c&r guns but they can be pricey. I of course never being enough money and end up buying mags and ammo instead. One of these days I’m gonna being enough cash and pull the trigger on something nice.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'd like to go but not sure I can. I like the few vendors that bring their dogs to watch over their tables.
    Surprise find last time was an 1800's antique Persian Sword I purchased as a birthday present for a friend from that part of the world.
    There was a very fair priced P38 I passed on that SHOULD have purchased. I had one already but should have still purchased it.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I had good luck with my C&R license there, yet I haven't been there since 2019. As stupid as this is, the pickle guys were excellent as well. Maybe 50-100 tables of items worth stopping to look at. I'd head up tomorrow if I wasn't already booked for the weekend.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Any excuse for a trip to Gettysburg is worthwhile. Unless, maybe, your name is Lee, Longstreet, Hill, Stuart...

Amazing part of U.S. history. Many people don't know that President/General Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower bought a farm next to the battlefield and retired there, and Dwight hosted other world leaders and walked the battlefield together.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    Every time I drive through that area, I stop a few times and reflect. I think about the hell that those men went through. I wonder what would have happened, if a few different decisions were made, on either side…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom