• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 8, 2020
    Howdy y'all. I am currently looking for an LWRC DI 9 Tooth Barrel Nut Wrench.

I am looking to rebarrel my LWRC DI with a Criterion Barrel.

LWRC is currently out of stock on these wrenches. Please let me know.

Thank you.

Dec 8, 2020
    I have put 15k rounds through my LWRC and it is beginning to show it. Accuracy is still acceptable but the rifle is super overgassed.

I could pay LwRC to do it but they want 600 dollars including a headspaced bolt head. That is ridiculous.

I am currently looking for a Criterion HBAR barrel with the whole works from them.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I have put 15k rounds through my LWRC and it is beginning to show it. Accuracy is still acceptable but the rifle is super overgassed.

I could pay LwRC to do it but they want 600 dollars including a headspaced bolt head. That is ridiculous.

I am currently looking for a Criterion HBAR barrel with the whole works from them.

If your rifle is overgassed that's not a reason to swap the barrel. I'll bet that barrel isn't even close to the end of it's life.

You should be checking other wear items like the buffer spring. Those typically don't last longer than 7500 rounds unless you are using Tubb or Sprinco.

Dec 8, 2020
    So I just replaced the spring with an orange Sprinco with the heaviest buffer they make (heavier than H3). The rifle is still super overgassed.

And the lwrc technician on the phone actually told me 15K was getting close to the end of it's life.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    So I just replaced the spring with an orange Sprinco with the heaviest buffer they make (heavier than H3). The rifle is still super overgassed.

And the lwrc technician on the phone actually told me 15K was getting close to the end of it's life.

Something else is going on with that rifle. I don't know any situation where the gun would suddenly be overgassed due to a worn barrel. If anything, if the chamber is worn, it will become inefficient as gas may leak passed the chamber. Especially with steel ammunition.

I'd disassemble and inspect everything before tossing that barrel.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    if the gas port erodes it could open up. $600 is not insane. I am sure most of that is the new barrel, throw in return shipping and that $600 disappears quickly.

Dec 8, 2020
    It's not "suddenly" over gassed. It's been overgassed as hell since I first bought it.

I do not shoot steel case through this gun.

LwRC openly admitted to me today that they purposefully build the rifles overgassed. They further admitted that the rifle was probably due for a rebarreling at the 15k round mark.

I shot a brand new one out of the box last weekend and it had the same 1 o clock ejection pattern. I can confirm that it was a 2021 build via the serial number.

I not here to argue whether or not my barrel needs replacing and if the whole rifle needs to be dissembled or the finer points of a rifle you have never even seen run.

I asked if somebody had a LWRC barrel nut wrench.

If you do not have one, please ignore this sub forum.

Thank you.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    It's not "suddenly" over gassed. It's been overgassed as hell since I first bought it.

I do not shoot steel case through this gun.

LwRC openly admitted to me today that they purposefully build the rifles overgassed. They further admitted that the rifle was probably due for a rebarreling at the 15k round mark.

I shot a brand new one out of the box last weekend and it had the same 1 o clock ejection pattern. I can confirm that it was a 2021 build via the serial number.

I not here to argue whether or not my barrel needs replacing and if the whole rifle needs to be dissembled or the finer points of a rifle you have never even seen run.

I asked if somebody had a LWRC barrel nut wrench.

If you do not have one, please ignore this sub forum.

Thank you.

This actually explains a good amount about you.

I'd suggest that next time, if you're looking for just a barrel nut wrench, you don't offer so much irrelevant info in your posts. Just say you're looking for a proprietary wrench.

Since you brought it up I'll go ahead and correct you. Ejection pattern doesn't necessarily determine that a rifle is over/under gassed. You need an expert to look at that rifle and correct the issue. Unfortunately, the pros I know can't help stubborn people.

Best of luck finding that proprietary wrench. Looks like you made a good investment.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    LWRC charges $125 for that wrench.

I'm guessing mostly only professional gunsmiths are spending that much for a proprietary tool that only fits one manufacturer's barrel nut.

But good luck in your search.

Dec 8, 2020
    Again...you have not shot my rifle. You have not seen my rifle run.

I don't want to discuss the finer points of this on a forum with a random person. I have no idea of your credentials.

Over the past two months I've spoken to Small Arms Solutions, LWRC, Sprinco, and multiple other people with a vast amount of experience on the AR platform.

It's my post. I can explain why I'm looking for a particular item.

I would suggest that you not take pieces of information and immediately run away into arbitrary topics with them.

As far as your insult towards me...grow up.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Again...you have not shot my rifle. You have not seen my rifle run.

I don't want to discuss the finer points of this on a forum with a random person. I have no idea of your credentials.

Over the past two months I've spoken to Small Arms Solutions, LWRC, Sprinco, and multiple other people with a vast amount of experience on the AR platform.

It's my post. I can explain why I'm looking for a particular item.

I would suggest that you not take pieces of information and immediately run away into arbitrary topics with them.

As far as your insult towards me...grow up.

Lol, good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I always chuckle when a new guy with no cred comes to this forum and pisses off the people he wants help from.......oh boy.....

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland

Thank you for the response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom