• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    Unless you were just read your last rites, I'm sure you can. Maybe hit the one in Baja California for something closer to home first..

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    This race was in Saudi Arabia. There's nothing to stop you from going there and riding or driving through the desert. It's not like the original race that went through some really dangerous territory in western Africa. Boko Haram isn't active in the Saudi desert.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Dakar, Baja, there is even one in China.
    From the bit of prior research I did $$, logistics, team, and practice help but don't ensure you'll finish. There are teams in CA and elsewhere who set up for a run for years. Trailer their stuff down and hit it. And all kinds of chit happens:D

I'd suggest Baja as you could scout it out first before seriously committing to it. You could base out of SD for the initial visit. Willtill has a Taco; that should work:D!

Baja's not just the 1K but smaller runs. And running is no joke, it's competative so expect to get your spine worked out and your ass chapped.:lol2:

It's in Mexico but Baja is a bit different. There are a lot of Americans who trailer down to Baja for either the race or vacation.

Now that I think about it; get a rig and rent out team slots for Baja:D
    Mexican hookers, blow, and Baja for retiree's seeking to reclaim their youth!:party29:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Interesting - I didn't know it was back in some form. I always remember it as the Paris-Dakar....

****I always remember it as the Cannonball Run.

Attachments

• cannon.jpg
      cannon.jpg
      87.3 KB · Views: 143

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    It was rather well done while in South America for the last few years.
    Saudi Arabia is in its second year. Not as good as South America at all but still I super challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom