• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krucam

Ultimate Member
    Many arguments against these, mostly when a State will mandate their usage like NJ tried a few years back.

Another trick used is the exemption of Law Enforcement from the requirement.

2 companies highlighted in the article. LEOs are supposedly beta testing the new models, which may come out this year. :sad20:

https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-sm...QXJ32fYL4HNMx4pIfzBNVjRYMa23Lzyjmke_hWDKVNmEP

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    So, everyone in my family and friends will need codes or be registered on all the guns? I appreciated the reasoning of accidental shootings, but what happens when someone needs to use the gun to help, but can't use it?

Q

J Beard

Deplorable Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    "law enforcement agents are beta testing its product, a similar but simpler model. "

Yeah, that doesn't sound suspicious at all. :innocent0

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    blah blah blah blah blah. put, and keep, the actual proven criminals in jail. THAT is the best crime control. not a bunch of do-nothing crap that only affects or hinders law-abiding citizens.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Is Biden gonna mandate criminals use them too?

There has to be a mandate somewhere here.

Maybe criminals not using smart guns will get double secret probation?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    "law enforcement agents are beta testing its product, a similar but simpler model. "

With all the "Defund the police" crap in the offing everywhere I'm sure there will be widespread apoplexy when the tax cattle find out how much the guns will cost per copy...

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    The fingerprint reader unlocks the gun in microseconds, but since it may not work when wet or in other adverse conditions, the PIN pad is there as a backup. LodeStar did not demonstrate the near-field communication signal, but it would act as a secondary backup, enabling the gun as quickly as users can open the app on their phones.

Uh wouldn't the app require the phone to be near the gun and how long is it unlocked for or do you need to keep your phone near the gun.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I can understand the logic of something NFC enabled through maybe a ring for law enforcement or corrections officers. Where there might be a real risk of someone grabbing the firearm and attempting to use it.

Wear a ring on both hands for ambi and figure out a way for 100% reliability if the ring is within, I don’t know, an inch or so, but not within Several inches. So if an officer is grappling with someone and their hand basically isn’t on the gun, it doesn’t work.

I CAN see uses like that. For me. Nope.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I can understand the logic of something NFC enabled through maybe a ring for law enforcement or corrections officers. Where there might be a real risk of someone grabbing the firearm and attempting to use it.

Wear a ring on both hands for ambi and figure out a way for 100% reliability if the ring is within, I don’t know, an inch or so, but not within Several inches. So if an officer is grappling with someone and their hand basically isn’t on the gun, it doesn’t work.

I CAN see uses like that. For me. Nope.

Even if the technology was viable...the idea...no...the certainty that government would want to mandate that for everyone is a non-starter. And places like CA would mandate it be retrofitted on all guns like they tried some years ago for emissions controls on older pre-smog era vehicles.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    There's not going to be any market for those things outside of government agencies that are forced to buy them, or citizens that are forced to buy them instead of regular firearms. Especially at $1,800 apiece, but even if there were a quarter of that there wouldn't be much customer interest in those things. Just my opinion as someone who worked as a manufacturers rep in the firearms industry for years.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Can I just get a damn block on the 911 calls from the lock screen of my phone.
    I am sure the 3-5 911 calls I but dial a day does wonders for real response time.

So, everyone in my family and friends will need codes or be registered on all the guns? I appreciated the reasoning of accidental shootings, but what happens when someone needs to use the gun to help, but can't use it?

Q

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    There's not going to be any market for those things outside of government agencies that are forced to buy them, or citizens that are forced to buy them instead of regular firearms. Especially at $1,800 apiece, but even if there were a quarter of that there wouldn't be much customer interest in those things. Just my opinion as someone who worked as a manufacturers rep in the firearms industry for years.

Pajama Boy would buy one.

Attachments

• 60142028-6715-4FC3-8F60-A31E029E974D.jpg
      60142028-6715-4FC3-8F60-A31E029E974D.jpg
      46.1 KB · Views: 223

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04