• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9x23w

Aug 15, 2017
    Some added info on using Gunbroker:

1 - Gunbroker has insurance of up to $400/item ($500 - $100 deductible).

2 - Postal Money Orders cannot be stopped. Everything else can be.

3 - Have bought and sold for years on GB. Never a serious problem. Most common issue is that people are non-responsive or just slow getting things done.

4 - As a seller you have little to worry about since you are paid before you do anything. As a buyer on GB just be very careful of sellers with no ratings. And remember if something looks like it's too good to be true, it probably is.

VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    I just bought another AR15 on gunbroker this week and the seller only accepts money orders and cetified checks. I mst say that this makes me nervious. Good for the seller, me the buyer is at risk. I got two USPS money orders and sent the payment by priority mail. This is about the best I can do. I can track the delivery of the payment and if the money orders get lost I have some protection. My fingers are crossed.

-Russ

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    I have had great success on GB. Like several people have said, check the seller's feedback. My best GB find was a Sig P-220, listed as USED, for $525, with three mags. When I got it, it was in nearly new condition. It couldn't have had more than a couple of mags shot through it. The bluing had one nick in it, which I covered easily with a bluing pen. Also, the seller had posted more than 20 pictures on the site, so I felt good about buying the gun.

BDH46

Apr 22, 2020
    Haven't had any problems

I have purchased numerous items through Gunbroker using money orders for payment and have never had a problem. I've also sold items and requested payment via usps money orders because I don't have the capability of processing debit/credit card payments.

ithacaartist

Jun 15, 2020
    Mecklenburg, NY
    I've used GB for 7 or 8 years to sell NOS Erma toggle pistol parts from a collection I scored back then. In over 400 sales, not a single deadbeat. I accept PayPal, USPS money orders and personal checks. I've never had a check come up NSF.

I use USPS exclusively, and have ever only had one item that was lost-LOST, a magazine I sent to Puerto Rico. One package I sent to Hawaii inexplicably returned to the mainland and did a tour of California postal facilities for several days, but ultimately made it to the buyer.

I've bought several guns on GB and never had a problem with a seller/payment. Ask questions or for extra pics before bidding if you have any concerns.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I have had good luck.
    Check buyers past reviews and I also prefer talking to them on the phone before committing to buying.
    I have had more of a problem finding an FFL around here that will accept delivery from a non-FFL when buying from a private individual. Some sellers don't want the hassle of taking it to an FFL to have it packaged, transferred and shipped.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Gunbroker support sucks.
    I won an auction for some ammo, sent the seller a USPS money order promptly, and the communications from him were slow and very intermittent. Email to the seller would go days and days not responded to, then finally "I only do GB emails on the weekend". 20 days later, still no tracking info, money order not cashed. Seller finally comes back with "Sorry, I got COVID". I asked him to have a friend or family member return the M.O., crickets. Tried to cancel the M.O., not happening. Finally got smart and filed a lost M.O. claim and got my money back. 15 emails, 3-4 trips to the post office. FAAAAAAAAAAAACK.

GB support was some automated email response with a link to their FAQ's.

FAL-Ordinance

Mar 30, 2021
    Baltimore
    I've purchased quite a few times on GB with some good luck. Some sellers will take online payment (should be listed in listing), which makes it easy enough. Others, unfortunately you need to mail a check.

My most recent purchase was for a 1917 Enfield stock. I purchased because the ad stated it was marked R for Remington. Unfortunately, when I received it, it was actually marked with an E, which was not what I was looking for. Contacted the seller and he instructed to send back the stock, and he would refund and cover shipping costs.

-M

VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    I just bought another AR15 on gunbroker this week and the seller only accepts money orders and cetified checks. I mst say that this makes me nervious. Good for the seller, me the buyer is at risk. I got two USPS money orders and sent the payment by priority mail. This is about the best I can do. I can track the delivery of the payment and if the money orders get lost I have some protection. My fingers are crossed.

-Russ

Just wanted to update. I received my new rifle. No issues, perfect deal.
    -Russ

JKM525

Feb 7, 2022
    I’ve never had an issue. It’s just like eBay, I’d rather not use it but when they have exactly what you want you feel like you just gotta do it.

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    I have bought and sold a number of items on GunBroker. The comments about it being more of a sellers market than a buyers is pretty much up to par. Anymore I try to do my buying with dealers. Generally they wanna keep the reputation of their shop up to snuff. The only problem I’ve ever had with a dealer was he shoved a les baer in a small flat rate shipping box with a layer of bubble wrap around it and sent the gun to the mailing address not the premises address of the shop.
    Individuals I’ve had several problems with overtime. I’ve had two or three tell me they need to hold a postal money order for a week to make sure it clears. Had another one tell me he wanted to take the gun camping with him one last time before he shipped it to me. Plus one that said he needed to take it to the range and make sure function correctly before he sent it to me and that would take a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom