• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kromesoldier

Nov 22, 2012
    Though i think we should all be concerned, i dont think we should jump the gun and panic until we see what is going to happen. i dont want to get rid of any weapons anymore than you guys do. but freaking out about it doesnt make you sleep well at night.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Though i think we should all be concerned, i dont think we should jump the gun and panic until we see what is going to happen. i dont want to get rid of any weapons anymore than you guys do. but freaking out about it doesnt make you sleep well at night.
    Then let them sleep uneasy and worries when we tell both the state and feds we will not comply with their silliness.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    The tax would be illegal as it is discriminatory to parts of the population to be unable to exercise a right guaranteed in the 2nd Amendment by not being able to afford it. When you start having to pay for what rights you can exercise it puts the populace on a uneven playing field and all are not equal. Completely against the Constitution. I am sure it would be a heck of a fight but well worth it.

Use the poll tax issue to fight it.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    registration/permits are only required to exercise 1st amendment rights when you interrupt the flow of traffic via a parade, use amplified sound in public etc...basically when you burden others AND require the government to deploy additional resources such as extra police for traffic control.

Would politicans be able to require a permit and require you pay a fee for you to have a book, computer, bible, quran, violent movie in your home or in public? What about having an abortion and or handing out pamphlets in public/door to door? I don't think so. Once you require a permit for the exercise of a fundamental enumerated constitutional right, it is no longer a right but a government granted privilege.

Or transmit over the public airwaves or form a corporation to disseminate news/opinion or.....

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    My worst case illusion is a retroactive ban is passed with stipulations that included firearms are now owned by the state and you could not even transfer out to protect ownership or sell to mitigate a pennies on the dollar compensation the state may, or may not, offer in a confiscation order.

TR

5th Amendment due process and just compensation.

DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    I would think that registration would be found Constitutional, since in and of itself registration does not preclude the right to possess. You need permits to exercise your 1A rights, to a degree. The problem with a yearly tax on "assault weapons", or high prices on a permit is that they hinder the ability of some people to own the weapons. I would hope that the courts see it that way. Of course, first they have to agree that "assault weapons" are protected under the Constitution because of common use.

I foresee permits/registrations for certain firearms (despite their existence in MD, Chicago, NY, ATF, etc) leading to the widespread belief (now more than ever) that it is "ok" to require people to register/apply for a permit to exercise their rights. If no one bothers to object then inaction by default becomes compliance, which becomes social acceptance by the masses. I know there are bigger fish to fry right now but it just worries me in the long run.

registration/permits are only required to exercise 1st amendment rights when you interrupt the flow of traffic via a parade, use amplified sound in public etc...basically when you burden others AND require the government to deploy additional resources such as extra police for traffic control.

Would politicans be able to require a permit and require you pay a fee for you to have a book, computer, bible, quran, violent movie in your home or in public? What about having an abortion and or handing out pamphlets in public/door to door? I don't think so. Once you require a permit for the exercise of a fundamental enumerated constitutional right, it is no longer a right but a government granted privilege.

Bingo. Couldn't have said it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom