• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    You've been asking and now its here; Florida Non-Resident Concealed handgun License Live Fire Certification.

Bring your Ammo and Bring your Gun.... (2A Sales has great prices on both, I'm just saying)

Due to a concern from an AGC Industry Partner I have canceled the Florida Live Fire at AGC on Sunday, 16 December 2012. I will be in contact with everyone that has already been scheduled to reschedule the live fire at another range and time convenient to you. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Instructor: Kevin Dukes

This is the Florida Non-Resident CHL Live Fire Certification Only. At the end of your live fire event, if you pass, you will receive a certificate which meets the Florida Non-resident CHL statutory requirements for a CHL. You will still need to have met the requirements for Florida general firearm safety class provided separately (such as any NRA pistol course, the Utah CFP course, etc.)

Cost:
    2A Sales Utah CFP students: $25.00
    MDShooters Forum members: $35 (you must provide your own ammo and gun)
    Others: $45 (you must provide your own ammo and gun)

You must pre-register via email (Florida@DukesDefenseWorld.com) to reserve a time slot. I will reply to your email with a registration form and a waiver of liability which must be returned prior to confirmation and reservation of your time slot.

If you need a general firearm safety course, in addition to completing the live fire exercise to fully comply with the Florida statute, please note that in your email. If you would like more information send a separate email requesting information to info@DukesDefenseWorld.com. I will reply with detailed information on the 2-hour General Multi-State Firearm Safety course that I teach that meets the statutory requirements for both Virginia and Florida non-resident concealed carry permits (this is a lecture/classroom only safety course which still requires a live fire event to fully meet the Florida Statute.) I will plan on providing that course from 12-2pm after the live fire event is completed.

Kevin

Last edited:

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    Do you know the paperwork/process for getting the Florida after we have our Utah class certificate from you and the live fire certificate.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    Live fire not required for vets with a copy of DD214, correct?

TxAggie, That is correct, former military personnel can submit a copy of their DD Form 214 reflecting honorable discharge from military service according to the Florida Division of Licensing.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    Do you know the paperwork/process for getting the Florida after we have our Utah class certificate from you and the live fire certificate.

Submit a copy of your Utah Training certificate with the Live fire endorsement or other live fire certification along with a Florida fingerprint card completed at a law enforcement agency, a notarized copy of the Florida CHL application and pay the Florida application fee.

For more information visit the Florida Division of Licensing website.
    http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FORMS/FormsRequest790.html

Cost paid to Florida is: $112.00 ($70.00 application fee and $42.00 Fingerprint processing fee)

I have Florida packets available for those attending the live fire certification. Otherwise you can download the application and order the fingerprint cards online.

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    how many rounds should one bring

Great question. Thank you. As many as needed for your practice and 20 for your certification. For semi-automatic guns you can load either x2 10 round magazines or x4 5 round magazines. The requirement is that you can demonstrate that you can safely handle gun and that you can safely load, unload and discharge a firearm safely. I require that you also know the 4 rules of gun safety and you will have to be able to show or describe how to clear a malfunction.

The Four Rules of Gun Safety
    1) Treat all guns as if they are loaded.
    2) Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
    3) Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on an identified target.
    4) Know what is behind your target, what is to the left and right of your target and what is in front of your target.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom