• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobCash

Dec 5, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Hey everyone,

I'm a new shooter in Frederick. Just got my first handgun, a Glock 23 Gen 4. I grew up shooting with my Dad. It's been a while, but I'm excited to get into shooting again. From what I can tell, Hap Baker is the place to go around here.

I grew up in Arizona with very different gun laws. I'm hoping the Maryland Shall Issue appeal ruling goes our way.

Rob

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Hi :wave:
    Welcome!

Sounds like you're already well versed in Maryland bullsh...err...I mean politics. You'll fit in well here. Hap Baker is probably the best outdoor public range in central MD. You're not far from AGC in Marriottsville either, but they require a membership in one of their clubs. Freestate is the best indoor pistol range in the area, but it might be a bit of a hike for you from Frederick.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Hey everyone,

I'm a new shooter in Frederick. Just got my first handgun, a Glock 23 Gen 4. I grew up shooting with my Dad. It's been a while, but I'm excited to get into shooting again. From what I can tell, Hap Baker is the place to go around here.

I grew up in Arizona with very different gun laws. I'm hoping the Maryland Shall Issue appeal ruling goes our way.

Rob
    Best place for you is the Monocacy Pistol Club in Frederick off Linganore Road.
    Lots of weekend pistol matches, Members get free access to the range from 9 to 9 everyday except Sunday which is 10 to 9. Only closes for 2 holidays per year. Membership is $60 per year (extra $60 in the 1st year) This Saturday is the final Speed Steel match of the year (like Steel Challenge). It can be shot with a minimum of 2-3 hi-cap mags.
    Membership is limited because it is private. Sometimes there is a waiting list and sometimes not. Best way to join is to come to the matches and make youself known. Club matches are $1 for members and $5 for non-members. Many competition shooters, recreational shooters, law enforcement shooters, and others belong. 16 bay bullseye 25/50 pistol range with covered stations.
    The Maryland State PPC matches are shot at our PPC range. Plus steel and bowling pin ranges. Many of us shoot USPSA, IDPA, 3-Gun, and other matches in the surrounding areas and states. Lots of .22 rimfire competition also including both rifles and pistols. Even if you don't want to shoot this weekend you should come out to watch and talk. Please bring eye and ear protection if you do (although you might be able to get some loaners). Me and one other member will be shooting the 3-gun match at Peacemaker this Saturday. But I will be there for the Rimfire Steel event on Sunday.
    If you got the Glock from Bob at Gunrunners I may have been there when you bought it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 149

RobCash

Dec 5, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Best place for you is the Monocacy Pistol Club in Frederick off Linganore Road.
    Lots of weekend pistol matches, Members get free access to the range from 9 to 9 everyday except Sunday which is 10 to 9. Only closes for 2 holidays per year. Membership is $60 per year (extra $60 in the 1st year) This Saturday is the final Speed Steel match of the year (like Steel Challenge). It can be shot with a minimum of 2-3 hi-cap mags.
    Membership is limited because it is private. Sometimes there is a waiting list and sometimes not. Best way to join is to come to the matches and make youself known. Club matches are $1 for members and $5 for non-members. Many competition shooters, recreational shooters, law enforcement shooters, and others belong. 16 bay bullseye 25/50 pistol range with covered stations.
    The Maryland State PPC matches are shot at our PPC range. Plus steel and bowling pin ranges. Many of us shoot USPSA, IDPA, 3-Gun, and other matches in the surrounding areas and states. Lots of .22 rimfire competition also including both rifles and pistols. Even if you don't want to shoot this weekend you should come out to watch and talk. Please bring eye and ear protection if you do (although you might be able to get some loaners). Me and one other member will be shooting the 3-gun match at Peacemaker this Saturday. But I will be there for the Rimfire Steel event on Sunday.
    If you got the Glock from Bob at Gunrunners I may have been there when you bought it.

Thanks for all of the info! This weekend, I'm planning to go to Hap Baker to do some shooting myself, and check it out. I'll check the MPC website and look for events. Thanks again!

RobCash

Dec 5, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Howdy.

Thanks! I've been trolling the forums for a week or two, and have been to the MSI site following the Woollard Case very closely. I have a feeling it's going to be a while, but I hope it happens soon! It sure would make me feel a lot better going to the movies with my family. :D

Yme

Platinum Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    Where from in AZ?? I came here 3 years ago, from Mesa.

I'm gonna break in my AR this weekend along with my glock. Hit me up if you wanna hit the range together. Pm you my contact info.

Welcome!!

RobCash

Dec 5, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Where from in AZ?? I came here 3 years ago, from Mesa.

I'm gonna break in my AR this weekend along with my glock. Hit me up if you wanna hit the range together. Pm you my contact info.

Welcome!!

Thanks! I grew up in the Phoenix/Glendale area. I'm not totally sure when I'm going yet, probably during the kids nap time, so it will probably be a short time on the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom