• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    Is it just me, or does it seem like pistols are under 60 days and modern sporting rifles are the 60-70+ day approvals???

No, I am still waiting on a .380 Beretta purchase (2/26) now going on 66 days, but got my ND for my S&W M&P AR15 purchase (3/6) in 54 days.

I am in firm belief that it depends on the reviewer, their qualifications, their EXPERIENCE, and their common logic. The latter being the operative word, LOL.

And I might add, I was an authorized DC BEFORE I applied for either one....so why the delay on the .380? They have no more excuses to offer me. It's all Bulshit. I've had the .380 into the gunsmith for cleaning, mag fit, slide rail and receiver polishing. This went in two separate transfers to the gunsmith and returned to my FFL to await my ND. I've already run about 150 rounds through it. Thankfully, I can use it at the range (where my FFL retains it until it is released from captivity).

I really have empathy for those who have purchased a Regulated Firearm (rifle or handgun) that they can't use it until they get their ND. That's got to be really painful.

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    Only 60? (:sarcasm:), I've now been waiting for 68 days and rapidly approaching the 70 day club. For whatever "strange", "weird", "screwy", "flying fickle of fate" reason, I've never been "reviewed" for my purchases prior to now. It seems that this has gotten out of hand. I still have 4 RF's in my FFL's safes awaiting release on good behavior. :mad54: Time to move.

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    74 Days, Finally NOT DISAPPROVED!!

May 6th 8pm EST: I just got a response back from my FFL to my Email sent checking on things right before I sent this posting.

I am NOT DISAPPROVED and will be picking up my Box of Lowers on Saturday. It is BUILD-A-THON time.

So once again, approved today, May 6th on Paperwork submitted Feb 22nd. Total Time for me to age and lost shooting time, 74 Days!!

Faderhaus

Mar 11, 2013
    May 6th 8pm EST: I just got a response back from my FFL to my Email sent checking on things right before I sent this posting.

I am NOT DISAPPROVED and will be picking up my Box of Lowers on Saturday. It is BUILD-A-THON time.

So once again, approved today, May 6th on Paperwork submitted Feb 22nd. Total Time for me to age and lost shooting time, 74 Days!!

Yeah, got my .380 ND paperwork back on the 10th. 73 days

I overheard one of the people at a gun shop say that MSP is doing 2nd Reviews on 80% of the paperwork. Hmm......might this be just another way to "justify" the delay? One can only wonder.

Woodnickel

Mar 28, 2013
    East TN
    Day 52 on two lowers. Not too worried because this will be my last MD gun purchase. MOVING IN JULY!

I'm on day 52 as well. It doesn't seem like ill have my gun inside of 60 days at this point, unless the courts help out. I am not gonna hold my breath on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom