New user,I have no clue how to use MD shooters. Please help?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Welcome. Just keep using the site - you can't break anything. The most you can do is give some guy a little butt hurt because you posted something on the wrong thread :) Also, I hear Sling Blade may be offering advanced user classes in "How to Multi-Qoute & Post!" :D

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks guys. I feel like I offended people by asking if it was still legal to machine a lower.
    Hopefully you did offend some people. Lots of thin-skinned girly men around here. :D

'Search' doesn't always bring up what you want. Better to ask .......

And welcome aboard Sadistcharm :thumbsup:

Also, it takes 50 non-Introduction thread posts to get 'Water Cooler' access. Then the real bullhonkery begins!

Welcome!

Read a LOT and think twice before posting. I still delete 3 out of 4 of my posts without ever posting them. 2 out of 3, anyway. That may be why I've never been banned (yet).
    Well said. :thumbsup:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    A couple people recommended you "pick a forum you like", etc. Problem is, you'll miss a lot of good stuff that way. You might think you're not interested in "Reloading" or "Western Maryland", but you might be surprised by how much you end up getting out of them. You'll learn things and become aware of things that never would have occurred to you.

That's why I recommend that you use the "New Posts" feature. You'll get a list of everything everywhere since you last logged in. I'm usually not even aware of what subforum a thread I'm reading is listed in.

Frankly, I have always thought MDS was way too broken up into little subforums. For the first couple years after I joined, I only checked in occasionally. When I did, I found all those broken up subforums awkward and off-putting. Then one day I discovered the "New Posts" feature, and the whole forum just opened up. I started learning more, shooting in local matches, meeting people, and just all around expanding my horizons.

The "New Posts" feature breaks down the odd and awkward divisions between the sections of MDS, and opens it up into one big forum. Try it for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom