• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    From a small shop. Interesting choice with the chisel grind, but he does fantastic work. Its 5160 steel, 9.5" total 5" cutting edge, chisel grind, micarta scales and a well done kydex for it. Snapped a few shots of it today. I think this may take over as my camp knife. I'll put it through some hard use, and if I'm happy with it I'll share his company for people to check out.

SAM_0427.jpg

SAM_0429.jpg

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Looks nice!
    Sheath come with it? If so, type please?

Ecos knives out of the PI does good work along those lines also.

I like a simple design like that also.

Came with a simple but nice kydex sheath. I may make a leather one later.
    SAM_0439.jpg

SAM_0440.jpg

The guy that makes them is an active duty army member with two little kids, so he makes what he feels like then sells them. I'm pretty excited with it so far, but always hate to act like a shill and pimp some knife maker.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Its the military symbol for an ambush. In my "A" school we had a big test on MOLE symbols, and then when I went back for expeditionary warfare, I had to learn them all over again. Its amazing the stupid things you'll never forget.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Well so far it's holding up alright. Cut through some polymer, quite a bit of wood (chisel grinds are not good for whittling), and have hammered the back of it to drive it into some well seasoned logs I have. I feel comfortable recommending it now. His knives are called dynamik blades. I think he only has one or two available right now though.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    He has two left and the home page for his web site has an annoyingly loud song playing. His gallery has some nice examples of his work. Now if he only made a knife with a blade less than 2.5" long that wasn't a chisel...

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    He has two left and the home page for his web site has an annoyingly loud song playing. His gallery has some nice examples of his work. Now if he only made a knife with a blade less than 2.5" long that wasn't a chisel...

Ha. I'm glad i'm not the only one annoyed by the song. He only does chisel grinds from what I saw on his page. I'm kind of curious as to why. For thick knives you want to beat up on a chisel grind is great, but most people will never abuse their knives enough to need that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom