• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I was at the range yesterday, doing some function testing of my AR and getting some practice in with the G17. Normal day on the range. I had several flavors of 9mm, function testing some new hollow points, as well as pleanty of 115gr ball. one box of ammo was very curious. It was 115gr new freedom Munitions, item number 5001600404 lot number 9361-9175-34-26.

first off, it was a very light recoil, in comparison to the S&B, ZQI, Perfecta, PMC and Remington that i was shooting yesterday. the brass also barely ejected from the handgun. As in as i was shooting i could watch the brass launch about 6-8 inches above the ejection port, and fall straight down about where my watch is far away behind the gun between my arms.

has anyone else notice light loads from freedom munitions? I fired 50 rounds and there were 0 malfunctions, they all felt about the same, and it was the only box that left the spent brass pile between my feet (i doubt they were going for that level of convenience) as opposed to about 6 feet behind at 135 degrees (a lot of the brass collects in my bag that i leave there on purpose) where about 75% of the brass lands normally out of my G17.

There is some randomness to the way brass flies out of the firearm, but this was significantly lighter than any other ammo i shot yesterday. but honestly, the way the recoil felt, it was as if the slide wasn't even pushed back to full stop the way the other ammo feels when you shoot it.

mix of PSA and question to the forum

spent brass looks the same as all the other brass, no strange markings or anything out of the ordinary.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    The only thing I have heard about Freedom Munitions is the amount of squibs folks seem to get.

I wouldn't shoot Freedom Munitions ammo if it was free.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    The only thing I have heard about Freedom Munitions is the amount of squibs folks seem to get.

I wouldn't shoot Freedom Munitions ammo if it was free.

Honestly, I've shot quite a bit of it and never experienced one problem. Perhaps I've been lucky.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    i would love to have had a chrono to see the speed difference. I was shooting at about 10-12 yards, and it was no less accurate than any of the other ammo i was shooting. this isn't my first time shooting the Freedom Munitions ammo, i bought 500 rounds durring a sale last fall, and I have 4 boxes left. This is just the first time i have noticed how light the recoil was. I have only had one failure with my glock, and i was trying to see how easy it was to "limp wrist". I was shooting federal on that day.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Shot about 200 rounds of Freedom Munitions new 9mm 115 round nose on Saturday with G19 with no issues. Brass landed behind me about being 5 feet behind me at 4 o'clock. Recoil felt normal and firearm functioned as expected.

Shot 100 rounds of new Winchester white box 9mm 115 on Sunday and felt and performed the same.

I can check my lot numbers and appreciate heads up on your experience. I'd say contact them about the experience right away.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I've never had an issue with it in any of my 9mm pistols. I also buy their .223 semi frequently. If you were having problems, give them a shout.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have put a lot down, thousands maybe, down range through various hosts. I had never had an issue with Freedom ammo. Glocks, Berettas and Rugers. Call them since you have the lot number.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    I have put a lot down, thousands maybe, down range through various hosts. I had never had an issue with Freedom ammo. Glocks, Berettas and Rugers. Call them since you have the lot number.

Same here...I know I've shot many thousands too. The only ammo I've having problems with is that Perfecta 9mm that we went nuts over a few months ago.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Like most, I've been shooting their ammo for a few years now and never had a single issue. I would call them and let them know.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I too have shot large numbers of rounds through my .45 and 9mm with maybe a single FTF. Honestly i'm not sure if that FTF was with the Freedom Munitions or the Tula brass i was shooting throught my shield 9mm.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Had a stovepipe with Freedom Munitions 9 mm 115 gr this past weekend. This was the first issue ever after many thousands of rounds. I would certainly buy again. Never had a FTF.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Shot thousands of 9 through a Springfield XD and a Sig 226. Zero issues or light loads, eject is just like any other, so I don't know.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    There was another thread of light loaded Freedom Munitions ammo. I had a chance to trade into some but said nay when I found out the "major American maker brand" was Freedom Munitions. Yarrite

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom