• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I thought a special exemption was passed for off-duty to own them. Always have to keep the guard dogs happy, otherwise they just might not follow orders.

I know they were talking about it. Did that actually happen?

Yes, it did pass for off duty & retired LEOSA, with restrictions on 15 rounds max for retired LEO's.

19th Dec, received the following from my Son-in-law who is a Jersey retired LEO

NJ State PBA
    56 mins ·

Governor Murphy Signs Law Exempting Officers from Magazine Limit

Governor Murphy has signed legislation moved by the NJ State PBA to exempt law enforcement officers from the magazine capacity limit. The law ensures that active duty officers can carry magazines on and off duty up to 17 rounds and exempts officers authorized to carry rifles capable of holding more than 17 rounds as well.

The existing law already protected the rights of retired officers to carry 15 round magazines and that exemption remains intact.

We are also addressing the retiree carry rules in their entirety for the next legislative session. It is our hope to clarify and simplify the current legislation to address NJ law and statutes and its relationship with the Federal LEOSA rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom