• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    1) So Mossberg says this is not a AR platform in anyway shape or forum .

2) Mossberg says this product has no shared parts with the AR platform.

3) This is a Long gun per ATF and Maryland definitions

4) This does not fit Marylands long gun but a assault / regulated long gun perimeters

5) This firearms is not on the Maryland Banned Long gun list

6) Why is Maryland State police unofficially claiming this is not a unregulated long gun and not pistol ( 715p pistol version is on our MD approved list lol ) . MSP is claiming unofficially this is a AR vacant riffle but since it doesn't have a HBAR / Heavy barrel upper so because of that they say this is not approved .

My question is how can MSP just keep changing their definitions ? This riffle is a 22 long gun just like any 10/22 . Its not an AR platform in any way how can they just decide that it is ? I like this things lol and want one for teaching my wife and kids to shoot . and I don't Like regulated firearms and dont want to buy lets say a S&W M&P 15-22 .

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    The only banned rimfire that I'm aware of is the Jager, which was on the assault rifle list (pre-2013) because it was an early rifle that looked a lot like the AR-15 and got put on by name by California and then MD plagiarized the list. 715Ts should be no problem. I bought one from a MD FFL several years back.

jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    Well it unofficial but buds guns , and several others won't ship here and several Md FFL are afraid to take posession of it and or give it to me because they reached out to MSP and they feel its a AR 15 platform and it doesn't come with heavy barrel and thus its banned.

jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    This firearm to my in every way falls under long gun but they are still refusing to transfer it to Maryland as they are afraid of sending a banned gun to my FFL.

anyone know how to get MSP to clarify that this is long gun just a 10/22 . or really its variant of the Mossberg 702 plinkster which is legal to buy as is the Mossberg 715P ( pistol is approved ) I dont get why they claiming the rifle does not meet out long gun requirements.

Some examples of the questions to ask are listed below:

1) Is this weapon semi-automatic? If not, it is not banned and you do not need to continue.

2) If this is a rifle, is it centerfire? If not, then it is not banned and you do not need to continue.

3) Is this weapon considered to be a copy of a banned weapon? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

4) If this is a semi-automatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine, does it have any two of the following: a folding stock; a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or a flash suppressor; If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

5) If this is a rifle, does it have a fixed magazine that holds more than 10 rounds? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

6) If this is a rifle, what is the overall length of the weapon? If the stock is fully extended and there are no removable additions to the barrel, is the weapon less than 29 inches? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

7) If this is a semi-automatic shotgun, does the weapon have a revolving cylinder? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred.

8) If this is a semi-automatic shotgun, does the weapon have a folding stock? If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred. ​

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    This isn't any different than the M&P 15/22. The rifle is legal to own in MD.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I was at A&D pawn one year, I think just before the 2013 hilarity. A guy was in there picking up one of these, or one similar, from a transfer. Well, imagine his surprise when he found out it was in fact only a .22. lol

jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    MD state police verbally agreeing with me by definition but they are also saying as is Buds guns that this is banned lol. Msp said that to doesnt matter if rim fire or what caliber if its deemed a AR copy or variant it would need to have a heavy barrel . Issue is its not a freaking AR . My guess is someone looked at it and thought it was ar and now I can't havre it lol. annoying the M&P 15-22 is better gun but also no has them and cost is double . I saw 2 of these 715t for cheap and wanted them and saw no issue with it as far as our laws are concerned but now that its been held up I want to figure out how to clear it up .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom