• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Matt10 for 10% off...

Thanks BTW. I am not in a huge need, but I’ve really been wanting to try out their 115gr plated. RMR is still the best deal in town. But sometimes you don’t want to have to wait a few months :-/

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Berry's plated are good. I've loaded thousands of them, and you really can't go wrong with them, especially in today's market.

However, I think lubed lead cast or coated bullets (e.g., Hi-Tek) are more consistent and perform a bit better downrange.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Anything to look out for?

You don't want to affect the plating when you seat the bullet and don't over do it on the crimp. It may look similar to an FMJ, but it isn't one.

Make sure you use the correct load data for the bullet. A lot of manuals have plated bullet data. Cast bullet data is a good starting point if you can't find plated. You also don't want to push them faster than their max.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Unless there was a blowout overstock sale at a particular moment ,probably not .

Within the context of Plated Bullets , Berry's are very good plated bullets . There are inherent characteristics between swaged vs cast vs plated vs jacketed , but that's a whole tastes great/ less filling endless debate in itself .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    didn't we used to buy 2000 of those for 80?

I mean, maybe a long time ago. I was looking last winter before things went crazy and I want to say 1k non-blem were in the $70 range. Like $76 or something.

A few of the places like RMR, Berry and MBC have only increased their prices a nominal amount and lead, copper and zinc have all gone up a lot. Which would easily account for a 15-20% price increase (and yeah, Berry’s probably did tack on a bit of extra profit margin. Cant blame them much if they did, but if they did it wasn’t much).

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    To add a thought, if any of the manufacturers are smart, they’ll recognize this is likely to have a long tail like 2013 did. But also that they’ll likely have a depressed market for awhile after that. Especially if there is any legislation that restricts things. I don’t think there will be, but I think the companies understand they need to be prepared for that.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yup , it's inherently a gamble . Overproduction / excessive slowly moving inventory during the following downturn can be at least as hazardous to business health as not fully meet demand during a panic .

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Matt10 for 10% off...

Thanks BTW. I am not in a huge need, but I’ve really been wanting to try out their 115gr plated. RMR is still the best deal in town. But sometimes you don’t want to have to wait a few months :-/

Yahoo matt10 WORKED! 9mm copper I guess they are plated and not true jacketed so load as if they are lead. $90.10 with free shipping!

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Yahoo matt10 WORKED! 9mm copper I guess they are plated and not true jacketed so load as if they are lead. $90.10 with free shipping!

They came today and look GREAT for factory seconds.

Total of 4 days to take delivery, that's pretty damn good!:thumbsup:
    Hope to be notified when 44's get in stock.

craftsman_69

MDS Supporter
    Jul 26, 2015
    AA
    They came today and look GREAT for factory seconds.

Total of 4 days to take delivery, that's pretty damn good!:thumbsup:
    Hope to be notified when 44's get in stock.

Wow, still waiting to get mine. I picked up the Armscor bullets listed above also. Same site had Berry's 40 180gr FP for less than the 40 blems listed on Berry's. Shipping was steep ($40 ish) for 3k projectiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom