• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Go find a Colt Cobra. One thing you should know, if you miss the target, it won't matter as the muzzle blast is so severe, more like a cannon going off, you'll both be deaf or wearing hearing aids for the rest of your life. I'm proof. One in each ear.

If muzzle blast and noise is what you want...look for a Colt Lawman Mark III snubby. The Colt engineers referred to it as the "wax model" as that's what exited your ears when firing .357 Magnums from it. I don't know for sure why that model was that way...I guess it was the 2" barrel compared to 2.5" with full load Magnums makes a big difference.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    Regardless on which snubbie that you would choose I would ask you to consider saving up a bit more money and get a quality revolver and be done with it. My line of thinking is you always get what you pay for.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I have a colt detective special I'd part with. Blued with nice wood grips. I shoot regular .38 out of it and no real fireball to speak of. PM me if interested.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Go find a Colt Cobra. One thing you should know, if you miss the target, it won't matter as the muzzle blast is so severe, more like a cannon going off, you'll both be deaf or wearing hearing aids for the rest of your life. I'm proof. One in each ear.
    Yes, don't you love those mob movies where the hitman shoots a guy several times in a car. You see the flashes of light and hear the muffled sounds. Hitman Richard Kuklinski killed a man once in a car, but he was using a .22LR and it did cause his ears to ring for quite some time. The man he shot was a Mr. Softy ice cream man (who himself was a hitman who specialized in poisons). In the movie about Kuklinski's life, the Mr. Softy man was played by Chris Evans of Captain America fame, and Kuklinski killed him because he threatened his family. You can find an extended interview with Kuklinski on YouTube. He also used a Ruger Security-Six with a 4-inch barrel. I wish he had used that in the car! Instead of being called "The Iceman" he would have been called "Hearing Aid."

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom