• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I got in line at 10am, made it inside by about 10:20, and was there until 12:30 pm.

If you didn't see masked faces (and many folks were not masked), other than for the prices, you almost wouldn't know we were in a pandemic. It was normal, tightly spaced rows of tables, and foot traffic was "bumper-to-bumper."

For the first time in a while ammo was plentiful, and prices have moderated somewhat, even compared to Gettysburg a few weeks back. At York, IIRC, 9mm and .380 auto FMJ were down to about 80cpr. 50 rounds of .45 ACP FMJ were priced at $45, and I think 50 rounds of .40 S&W FMJ were $40. Russian steel case 7.62x39 was about 50cpr. Brass .223/5.56 was still running $0.95 to $1.00 per round. A 50 round box of .357 magnum JHP had a sticker showing $65. I looked at a 500 round brick of CCI .22LR standard velocity for either $90 or $95, and 100 rounds of Mini Mags were $25. I bought a box of 50 Fiocchi .22LR 40gr round nose for $5.95 to try in a new rifle of mine.

Lots of mags, guns and Glock 80%'s, plenty of accessories, but I'm not in the market, so no price info for you.

Afterwards for lunch I hit Smokey Bones, a little over a mile from the fairgrounds. I went there when I discovered they have beef ribs, the big dino rib variety. I seldom see those. It was terrific! It made the trip more worthwhile.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I'm gonna miss it, to bad as I was thinking about picking up an 80 percent. Did they have complete slides as well?

TD

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Crowded isles with 60-70% of people wearing masks. Zero social distancing. I thought that the variety of firearms inventory was lacking, but sort of expected. A good amount of milsurp rifles, less than expected number of “run of the mill hunting rifles” (30-06, .308, 6.5, .243...) Shotgun selection was varied from high-end to home defense/tactical, and some mid range, but fairly underwhelming. AR’s were there but I didn’t really look and from what I could tell the handgun cases seemed lighter than normal. Generally, I felt it’s a fairly accurate depiction of the current state of the market.

It was worth the drive to get out of the house and look at guns. Maybe won’t be worth it if I’m forced to be isolated . Definitely getting a rapid/PCR tomorrow.

555hunt

Aug 10, 2016
    Carroll County
    Appreciate the updates on the York show, I plan to hit it tomorrow. Anyone who was there today - did you notice any vendors with SCCY pistols? Would like to get a up-close look at one.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Crowded isles with 60-70% of people wearing masks. Zero social distancing. I thought that the variety of firearms inventory was lacking, but sort of expected. A good amount of milsurp rifles, less than expected number of “run of the mill hunting rifles” (30-06, .308, 6.5, .243...) Shotgun selection was varied from high-end to home defense/tactical, and some mid range, but fairly underwhelming. AR’s were there but I didn’t really look and from what I could tell the handgun cases seemed lighter than normal. Generally, I felt it’s a fairly accurate depiction of the current state of the market.

It was worth the drive to get out of the house and look at guns. Maybe won’t be worth it if I’m forced to be isolated . Definitely getting a rapid/PCR tomorrow.

Sorry but I can not or won't let this pass without a comment!

Why will you get a Wuhan test tomorrow?

Were you feeling sick before you went?

Or just in the mood for comments on your posts?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I'm gonna miss it, to bad as I was thinking about picking up an 80 percent. Did they have complete slides as well?

TD

Not certain, but I heard a price quote from the vendor along the lines of $500-something, so either the customer was looking at getting several 80's, or one 80 with a slide.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Yep, we have a selection of C&R stuff. Have some. 223 and 5.56 and 7.62x39 ammo at the show. And 9mm...

Missed out on a nice Turkish Mauser you guys had. Walked away to think it through and it was gone. My own fault. It was a nice gun and a fair price. I’ll have to keep looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    I found this show to be just odd today. Packed as expected. Prices were all over the place. Some high, some not. Found a few decent deals on mags. Ammo was high overall but not more than expected. Overall stock seemed way down on guns and ammo. No 7.5 Swiss or 6.5 Jap. Too many people not wearing masks as well. Glad I went though.

I found one box of 6.5 Jap...

Best score was 8x52R and $6 a box of red army standard of 5.45x39

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Missed out on a nice Turkish Mauser you guys had. Walked away to think it through and it was gone. My own fault. It was a nice gun and a fair price. I’ll have to keep looking.

Can I ask what the ballpark is for a nice Turk Mauser these days?
    i stupidly passed on them years ago, but now am thinking more about it.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Can I ask what the ballpark is for a nice Turk Mauser these days?
    i stupidly passed on them years ago, but now am thinking more about it.

I have seen them all over the place. I would say $325 to $450 depending on condition. Gunbroker will be higher than a normal shop of course. For me, $400 is the top unless it’s something special. I am no expert but that’s my opinion based on what I know.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I saw a number of affordable Arisaka 99 rifles. I did not look that hard at them.
    There were a number of Carcanos from what is likely the Samco buy out stash. One vendor had cracked stock ones for $175 at the rt hall over on the back left.
    Number of C&R pistols but never saw anything I was interested in to see if they'd accept my C&R to buy them. Saw a few affordable German WWII P38 pistols.
    I saw the Turkish Mausers but did not look at the condition or to see if matching. Already have a nice shooting one that is not matching.
    SKS in cosmo for around I recall $400?

I purchased (birthday present from wife) a Pedersoli Sharps in 45-70. Had to transfer through SCSG so I won't see it again till next week.
    Picked up some powder @ $25/lb, Polish P-64 holster and an Argentine Mauser Bayonet to go with my Antique 1891 dated to 1892.
    Wifey went with me and picked up some silver rings for daughter.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    I saw a number of affordable Arisaka 99 rifles. I did not look that hard at them.
    There were a number of Carcanos from what is likely the Samco buy out stash. One vendor had cracked stock ones for $175 at the rt hall over on the back left.
    Number of C&R pistols but never saw anything I was interested in to see if they'd accept my C&R to buy them. Saw a few affordable German WWII P38 pistols.
    I saw the Turkish Mausers but did not look at the condition or to see if matching. Already have a nice shooting one that is not matching.
    SKS in cosmo for around I recall $400?

I purchased (birthday present from wife) a Pedersoli Sharps in 45-70. Had to transfer through SCSG so I won't see it again till next week.
    Picked up some powder @ $25/lb, Polish P-64 holster and an Argentine Mauser Bayonet to go with my Antique 1891 dated to 1892.
    Wifey went with me and picked up some silver rings for daughter.

I saw those carcanos for $100 and thought about it but they were really really rough. I also saw a few sks’s but they were rough too. I didn’t even think to look for c&r pistols. My mistake again. Still have several c&r rifles on my list. Hope to find them soon.

555hunt

Aug 10, 2016
    Carroll County
    I made it there today for about 2 hrs. I’d say sbout 60% masks, some just hanging below the chin.
    I thought the show in general was a bit disappointing. As others have mentioned, a number of empty tables. I didn’t see much in the way of new hunting rifles, but a good variety of older rifles. A few decent selections of handguns. A good bit of ammo available, and a good variety - but prices were what you might expect - just high. Maybe my expectations were out of bounds since I haven’t been to a show in quite a while.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I made it there today for about 2 hrs. I’d say sbout 60% masks, some just hanging below the chin. ��
    I thought the show in general was a bit disappointing. As others have mentioned, a number of empty tables. I didn’t see much in the way of new hunting rifles, but a good variety of older rifles. A few decent selections of handguns. A good bit of ammo available, and a good variety - but prices were what you might expect - just high. Maybe my expectations were out of bounds since I haven’t been to a show in quite a while.
    Anything ammo related was sky high. Everything else was your typical gun-show price.

I was going to buy a pack of targets showing for $25. The same pack of targets on Amazon was $24.99

I bought a little pistol cleaning mat that had a Sig P226 exploded view on it - I looked that up online and found that I saved $1 on it from what it was priced online.

I didn't see a decent selection of handguns - then again I was looking for a couple of specific revolvers, and I'm not into Glocks/S&W M&P/XD/XDMs, so if it looked like it had a polymer frame, I bypassed without looking hard.

I didn't see much buying going on - a bit here and there, but it was a pretty quiet show.

Regarding the mask, when I saw so many people running around without one, and many others hangin below the chin, I ditched mine altogether. I've already had Covid 19, so I can't get it again for a few months, nor can I give it to anyone - the only reason I wear the stupid mask at this point is to make other people feel comfortable, and of course due to the fact that it's mandated in Maryland. They don't seem to care one way or the other in PA though.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I went about 1:00, no line to get in, but did seem a bit more crowed than the normal Sunday York shows. As stated ammo was everywhere from expensive to crazy. I saw the $175 primers, no thanks. I did pick up 250 9x18 MAK 95gr FN bullets for a fair price. I saw a horrible looking M44 that was missing the fold-out bayo, stock ragged as hell, pitting on the bolt and a bore that was a sewer pipe asking $489 (!!??)
    Whew!
    At the end I did see a decent 1896 Swedish Mauser that was marked $550 that the dealer said he would take $500 cash before they closed, but I just didn't have the $$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom