• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Malachi.2.15

Jan 27, 2011
    I'm a HUGE fan of the Walther PPQ. Phenomenal handgun!!! Also, the most southpaw friendly pistol I have ever found. Now it looks like Walther has amped it up another notch...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Honest Outlaw has a YouTube video from a couple days back with this pistol where he's hitting steel plates at over a 100 yards in sub zero temps (Iowa).

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I got this p99as back in I think 08 or 09. It's been awesome. The thing is just stupid accurate and just runs. The only gripe is the rounded trigger guard and short rail mean you're limited to sc lights. It's cool the p99 finally got some widespread love with the ppq line.

This new pistol looks like a great setup for a red dot. It mayyyyyyyyyy be a reason to finally get a hql...

Attachments

• 20210222_205441.jpg
      20210222_205441.jpg
      143 KB · Views: 741

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I've owned a few Walthers for a few years and I'm sold.
    The ergonomics are light years ahead of Glock.

Been making firearms almost 100yrs longer than Glock too. Impressive commercial, definitely made me want to check one out in person.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Have to keep an eye out for one of these in the local stores. I like the PPS and this looks to be even better in Compact and full sized models.

TheVictor

Oct 30, 2020
    Carroll County
    Does anyone have any idea how long it will take for the PDP to be added to the Handgun Roster? I don't see it in the March 2021 Agenda so, I assume the earliest would be June 9th? I assume someone has petitioned for it to be added already. Is that a bad assumption?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I have so many Glocks and I've had them for so many years that it's hard for me to justify bringing in a new defensive pistol, but man if I did it would be a Walther.

I might have to check the PDP out just for the hell of it.

I'm the type to like to have one type of weapon and just keep that system going for the sake of maintenance and muscle memory, etc. And just because for me that system is Glock, doesn't mean I think Glock are the best pistols on the market. Just what I'm used to.

GBear

Mar 16, 2021
    Baltimore
    I inquired with Tyler Firearms about the PDP being that was my first choice before settling on the Canik TP9 Elite SC. I was informed that the PDP will not be available until around August.

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    bump. im having trouble finding the updated roster... any word on if these are g2g in MD yet ?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    It'll be interesting to see how Walther (Umarex) packages and prices it. If it's anywhere near as good as the PPQ, it may take a while to get one.

glow

Aug 19, 2020
    It'll be interesting to see how Walther (Umarex) packages and prices it. If it's anywhere near as good as the PPQ, it may take a while to get one.

I'm also a bit curious if it's displacing the PPQ (and all of its variants), or will the niche PPQ variant still remain?

PDP seems well thought out from Walther. Hoping for a "M1/Classic" version and a DA/SA version (like the P99), though I am not going to hold out hope for either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom