• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    For what it's worth, someone posted in the CMP Garand Sales forum that the southern shop in Alabama closed to the public so that the rifles they have could be directed to mail-in orders and so their armorers could focus on filling those orders. The poster seemed optimistic that this would accelerate order times down to more normal times.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    For what it's worth, someone posted in the CMP Garand Sales forum that the southern shop in Alabama closed to the public so that the rifles they have could be directed to mail-in orders and so their armorers could focus on filling those orders. The poster seemed optimistic that this would accelerate order times down to more normal times.

I actually just got an email from CMP this morning and they said they are currently working on November orders, I don’t know if they’re at the beginning middle or end of November, but at least they’re getting a tiny bit closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    My service grade just shipped this morning, order was received 11/30 so they should be into December orders in the next few days.

Also somewhat related: the application period for “round 2” of the CMP 1911s ends tomorrow, so last chance to mail off an app and have it postmarked by the 4th if you’re on the fence.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Oh that’s good to know. Hopefully I should see mine in a month or two then. Do they charge your card once it’s shipped?

They’ll charge your card before they ship. Seems to be a running several days between when your order shows up in the e-store (and your card is charged) and when they actually ship it.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    My Rack-Special order went in 28 December 2020 and my Luck of the Draw SA/HR went in the first week of January 2021.

The credit card I used for the order was compromised Mid-January.
    I emailed them and asked what would happen to my order since the Visa I provided them had been shut off.
    I was told not to worry, they would contact me for a new payment method and not just arbitrarily cancel my order because the card didn't work.

To date, I have not heard from CMP.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    How do you check the E store?

When you get your “DBU” email (the “we got your order now don’t bother us”) they’ll also give you your CMP customer number which you can use to create an account at: https://estore.thecmp.org/

Once your order shows up in the e-store you can track its progress, and you can even see your rifle’s serial number once it’s ready for shipping.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    When you get your “DBU” email (the “we got your order now don’t bother us”) they’ll also give you your CMP customer number which you can use to create an account at: https://estore.thecmp.org/

Once your order shows up in the e-store you can track its progress, and you can even see your rifle’s serial number once it’s ready for shipping.

Ohhh ok, so I just gotta wait for my DBU email.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Ohhh ok, so I just gotta wait for my DBU email.

If you want you can create an account there right now, it will just generate your customer number ahead of them processing your order if it’s your first time ordering. I created an e-store account before I got my DBU and they apparently saw I already had an account and used the same customer number. Your order just won’t show in there until you get the DBU email.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    If you want you can create an account there right now, it will just generate your customer number ahead of them processing your order if it’s your first time ordering. I created an e-store account before I got my DBU and they apparently saw I already had an account and used the same customer number. Your order just won’t show in there until you get the DBU email.

Cool I appreciate it! This is my first time ordering.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Cool I appreciate it! This is my first time ordering.

No problem! This is my first order as well. I have a ton of WWII firearms but amazingly this will be my first Garand. E-store shows I’ll be getting a Springfield in the 3.70 mil range which I believe is April ‘45. I put a note on my order asking for a WWII receiver so it looks like they accommodated.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    No problem! This is my first order as well. I have a ton of WWII firearms but amazingly this will be my first Garand. E-store shows I’ll be getting a Springfield in the 3.70 mil range which I believe is April ‘45. I put a note on my order asking for a WWII receiver so it looks like they accommodated.

Ya I got 2 luck of the draw service grade, I have multiple WW2 firearms but none of them are from the US yet.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    A friend put two orders in.

One on 7 Dec 2020
    One on 30 Dec 2020

Yesterday he got a confirmation email on the 30 Dec order but no mention of the 7 Dec order.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Weird. The only thing I can chalk that up to, is that maybe he requested 2 different grades and only one of them is available.
    Of course, with the CMP being inundated they may have lost one of the orders.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Weird. The only thing I can chalk that up to, is that maybe he requested 2 different grades and only one of them is available.
    Of course, with the CMP being inundated they may have lost one of the orders.

Yep, they're handled by grade. Rack usually moves faster than Service as they're less desirable in terms of collecting.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Hang in there all that are still waiting, it’s worth it in the end. Mine arrived today, service grade order received by CMP back on 11/30.

Attachments

• 1677C6E3-E3E8-4BD5-B695-35BD1E315646.jpg
      1677C6E3-E3E8-4BD5-B695-35BD1E315646.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 122

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads