• Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    So, 3 classes of firearms:

79%, no restriction, anyone can purchase or own

80%, sales receipt required per your

81%, regular background check, 4473 etc

That is not what I said but if you like to think of it that way its up to you. I basically anything 80% and under is get a receiot. anything over 80% would be serialized per federal regulations by the manufacturer.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Is a deal made? FB post from JSD. They say they can once again sell @gunshows when asked within this post.

Attachments

• 162422041_3747238818693105_5349228853366691934_n.jpg
      162422041_3747238818693105_5349228853366691934_n.jpg
      86.9 KB · Views: 343

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Is a deal made? FB post from JSD. They say they can once again sell @gunshows when asked within this post.

Awesome, and much respect to JSD, seems like they handled it as well as they could, look forward to seeing them at the next show. This is how it should be handled when someone in our community puts their foot in their mouth, we need to provide massive and abrupt "education", then if they do the right thing, water under the bridge.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

From my reading of that (specifically, the second half of the first para under 'Background'), and entirely just my opinion, it sounds like the only douchbags in this situation other than the dem rep who instigated this mess is the so-called Firearm Owners Against Crime.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=6260471&postcount=17

Another case of 'I got mine, go ahead and ban the rest.'

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    An article with far more detail, including interviews with JSD and FOAC president Kim Stolfer.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/fi...ply-over-unfinished-gun-frames/#ixzz6pxmkswX5
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Also, Stolfer believes that dealers shouldn’t sell unfinished frames in certain areas. I asked him if that meant minority areas. At first, he said that was correct. Later he corrected himself and said, “high crime area.”

On private Facebook groups, I have access to organizations like CeaseFire. I saw them starting to talk about how to capitalize on the victory and will start pushing the talking point that “even gun rights groups admit there is a problem with ghost guns.

At BEST, FOAC/Kim Stolfer sound like racists and useful idiots for the antis.

At worst, like I said before it seems they are an example of 'I got mine, ban the other stuff.' :sad20:

All my opinion, of course, but based on their own words.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Sounds like the agreement may be more than just cash / no receipt transaction?

"... for the outcome that we both agreed to today"

Details in the article:

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/jsd-supply-returns-to-gun-shows-sell-80-ghost-guns/#ixzz6pxunIsca
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Under the new agreement, JSD Supply will be allowed to sell unfinished frames and kits at all Eagle Arms shows in the Key Stone State. JSD Supply agreed to have the buyers sign a form stating that they are over 18, not a felon, and will not bring the kits back to anywhere that unfinished frames are illegal.

The sheet is half a page long and will list similar terms and conditions that Polymer80 lists on their website. The customer will not have to present an ID or give personal information. There is not a requirement for JSD Supply to keep the records.

JSD Supply has a history of refusing to turn over customer information to the state. The Attorney General did request JSD Supply to turn over some customer records to him. The company declined to comply with the request without a subpoena. Inside sources say this enraged the AG and is one reason there was a move to push Eagle Arms to ban the company.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    So basically FOAC can FOAD, and while I've bought a couple things from JSD in the past, I need to buy more from him, that is as solid pro-2A as you can get.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Here's a press release from FOAC's Facepage on 3/17. Doesn't seem to mesh with what's in the ammoland article:

Public Statement clarifying our position on behalf of the officers / BOD of Firearms Owners Against Crime.
    I am writing to clear the air about the most recent confusion surrounding the press release of 3/15/2021 titled “Rep. Amen Brown, Eagle Arms, Polymer 80 Kits and Violent Criminals”.
    Firearms Owners Against Crime has not, is not, and will not advocate, promote, or support the registration or banning of any gun part, accessory, unfinished lower, parts kits, kit gun, magazine, or any piece of plastic or metal. Although FOAC supported and supports Eagle Arms as a private company that made hard and unpopular policy decisions about their own shows, we will not standby while insinuations are made that cast a shadow of doubt upon our unwavering belief that the 2nd Amendment and Article 1 Sections 21 and 25 of the Pennsylvania Constitution shall NOT be questioned or infringed. Firearms Owners Against Crime supports law-abiding American’s right to purchase parts, kits, accessories, unfinished kits, etc. using cash or any form of payment that the seller and buyer agree upon.
    Firearms Owners Against Crime is a non-partisan political action committee focused on advancing the rights and liberties of all Pennsylvanians and we pride ourselves on the fact that we actively reach out to all Legislators in an effort to educate them about firearms, the law, and the Constitutions of PA and the United States. FOAC President, Kim Stolfer has been working with Legislators from both sides of the isle for decades helping them write, sponsor, and support pro- liberty and anti-crime legislation. We the officers and board support him in this effort without hesitation.
    I pray that we can learn a lesson from this experience and recognize how quickly many in the 2A community had turned on “one of our own”, whose actions and deeds and dedication to Liberty cannot be questioned. When we disagree, let us as a community reach out to one another and discuss issues rather than lambast one another. If we as pro-gun / pro-liberty advocates and organizations do not learn to work together we may not be able to survive the oncoming anti-gun / anti-liberty onslaught that is on the horizon.
    Firearms Owners Against Crime will NEVER support registering parts kits commonly known as “80% lowers”. FOAC was very vocal about this when AG Shapiro tried to attack 80% AR Lowers in 2018-2019. Firearms Owners Against Crime will NEVER support the classification of a piece of plastic, polymer, or metal as a “firearm”. We spoke out against this practice when then President Trump signed the bump stock ban. Firearms Owners Against Crime will always support the “policing of our own” and speak out and fight against the expansion of government intrusion into the lives of law-abiding citizens.
    We urge our fellow Pennsylvanians to focus their energies on urging their Representatives to support Constitutional Carry, Strengthening Preemption, Eliminating PICs, and adding disparity of force to the “Castle Laws”.
    It is my hope that these statements clear up any potential concerns or doubts about what Firearms Owners Against Crime is about and what its officers, board, and members stand for.
    Yours in Liberty
    Klint Macro
    2nd VP, FOAC

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Here's a press release from FOAC's Facepage on 3/17. Doesn't seem to mesh what what's in the ammoland article:

It doesn't mesh with their own press release.

It is very carefully worded to weasel around and obfuscate their actual position.

It says they "NEVER" support registering bits of plastic/metal, but says nothing about outright banning them, which is what their original release supports.

Weasels. :tdown:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Stolfer ends by harkening back to his time in Vietnam as a Marine and says the bloodshed he saw shaped his opinion. He also says that he has done more for gun right in the Keystone State than any other person
    :lol:

That's like the Gun Rights version of "I have a Black best friend, so I can't be racist"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom