• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ellegon

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2012
    Parkville
    I’m guessing this would give them a heart attack...

Attachments

• 075F1EA4-23D1-4129-898A-E98166DA2C67.jpg
      075F1EA4-23D1-4129-898A-E98166DA2C67.jpg
      55.7 KB · Views: 598

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    On one hand, I personally prefer the 10 round mags on the range, because they are easier to deal with while bench resting. But on the other hand, the larger mags would probably be better in a STHF scenario a-la-hurricane Katrina. Besides, where do these leftist fvck wads get off proposing all of these unconstitutional laws??
    :mad54:

Personally I like what I like, because I like it. Don't tell me what I can and can use for whatever I want to use it for. I agree with the 10 rounder from a bipod on the bench.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Guess I'll have to stop on my way home and get a few more 30 rounders.. I have been picking up 1-2 week since before election.

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    I wonder how you come up with 10 rounds. Why not make the max 3 rounds? I thought it was interesting that the bill is supposed to also ban conjoined mags, like those mags for CA that are two 10 rounders with the bottoms held together. Presumably, the magpul maglink would also be covered.

I wish just once someone from the media had the sense to ask these politicians, on camera, why 10 rounds is ok but an 11 round magazine is only for people that want to commit murder. Not even considering the 2A question, what scientific research was used to come up with that number? The same question could be asked about SBRs. Why is a 16 inch barrel ok but a 15 inch barrel requires me to have another NICS background check after I bought the firearm and then I get to pay the ATF $200. What does that accomplish? Our country is run by idiots.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I just don't get the reasoning behind banning magazines >10.

The only reason for any anti gun regulation short of confiscation is simply death-by-a-thousand cuts. Without outright confiscation which they say they don't want they want to make firearm ownership for the law-abiding as onerous as possible, or as the forefathers said infringed. You know, the word in the paper they swore to upheld.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Which drums are the best and any to be avoided?

Guess it’d be nice if I could find out what make and model drums are being used by the teams providing tax-payer funded security to the cock-svckers proposing these laws ...

Maybe look up online reviews from the experts

Menendez mentions Bonnie Watson Coleman is introducing the "hear" act to ban silencers...Apparently it hasn't happened yet. I couldn't find anything about it online...But it doesn't surprise me..

NOW why would the democrats propose such bills they know they can't get 60 votes on in the senate?

Probably because they plan to remove the filabuster and only require a simple majority...

Yeah I know...the court will save us..until the court is stacked..

Like I keep telling you...the time is coming when you will be forced to make a decision..

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    Just painfully stupid. 100 round magazine.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
      Capture.jpg
      43.3 KB · Views: 482
    Which decision? What are the actual, specific choices you're tap-dancing around saying out loud this time?

I've said it many times...

Either you remain law abiding and turn them in, or you're a felon Many here will chose to the first because being "law abiding" is more important than actually fighting for your freedom...

Yeah, I know...you will stash them away and never use them, that's how you will get around it...

there will be plenty of us who will resist and refuse to comply...and when the proverbial poop hits the fan we will fight for our rights...and those of you who sit on your hands will get the benefit of our patriotism even though you sat on the sidelines...there's a name for people who do that.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Vote with your feet and move to West Virginia! No more excuses!!!!
    Do it! It will probably be the best decision you've made in your life!
    :thumbsup:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I wish just once someone from the media had the sense to ask these politicians, on camera, why 10 rounds is ok but an 11 round magazine is only for people that want to commit murder. Not even considering the 2A question, what scientific research was used to come up with that number? The same question could be asked about SBRs. Why is a 16 inch barrel ok but a 15 inch barrel requires me to have another NICS background check after I bought the firearm and then I get to pay the ATF $200. What does that accomplish? Our country is run by idiots.

Just ask them how large their bodyguards' magazines are... :innocent0

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Either you remain law abiding and turn them in, or you're a felon Many here will chose to the first because being "law abiding" is more important than actually fighting for your freedom...

Yeah, I know...you will stash them away and never use them, that's how you will get around it...

there will be plenty of us who will resist and refuse to comply...and when the proverbial poop hits the fan we will fight for our rights...and those of you who sit on your hands will get the benefit of our patriotism even though you sat on the sidelines...there's a name for people who do that.
    Quit judging people before the fact. Seriously. It's annoying.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    What's more practical - a drum mag for an AR-15, an AR-10, or an AR-9? Sorry if my speculation below makes little sense.

5.56 is more compact, but I don't like the idea of sustained mag dumping, wouldn't 5.56 tear up the barrel faster this way?

7.62x51 is sightly lower velocity than 5.56, but heavier. Not sure it makes sense to stack that much more weight.

9mm is light and low velocity - but it has less stopping power than a rifle round, and it's even fatter then 7.62x51.

I guess it comes down to which has the best suppressive fire - the scenario you'd want a drum mag for is probably one with multiple combatants, and you probably don't care about barrel wear and tear at that point.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Go watch Eric/IV8888 doing mag dumps with a full auto lower to test upper receivers. most of them do not last more than a few hundred rounds before failure.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

People will have to make their choices and they will have to live with them. Some like you will fight but what do you do when they come to your door with a SWAT team or decide to no-knock you in the middle of the night. Everyone has a different weight on things it is pretty effing elitist to downplays someone's priorities when they are different then yours. IF they came to my door and threatened me with a bullet to the brain pan in front of my daughter yeah I might actually comply. If they came to my door asking to come in, I would not comply. Until you play every scenario out don't presume you are more a patriot than your neighbor until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom