• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Howdy. I'm getting ready to do an in detail writeup about an early RA M96 and I need a little pin removal help. The main pins are the HK style push pins but the rear sight pins are a two piece affair that I'm obviously too dumb to figure out. I assume that one part is a sleeve and the other part threads into it but they won't budge. Not only will they not unscrew from each other but the entire assembly won't spin either. Let me post a few pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

First up is the rifle because well.....why not?

Here is the right side of the sight showing what I assume are the male parts of the pins in question:

And the left side of the sight showing what I assume to be the female part of the pins:

I'm ASSUMING they screw together but maybe not; you guys who have one of these know for sure.

A close up:

I thought that the pins might be bunged up because the shaft looks to be bent on both (notice that it's not centered) but looking around online revealed that all are this way so I know they aren't bent. The bit in the middle flexes easily so that got me to thinking that maybe the snapped together instead of threading but flexing and pushing on the center of the pin did nothing.

Oblique view showing that the center bit is off center. Again, every picture I found online looks the same so I know this is normal.

One last picture from the rear:

As I said at the beginning, not only will they not unscrew from each other but the whole pin won't rotate in place either. I know that they are supposed to be removeable but they just won't budge. I also know this rifle hasn't been molested or changed in any way. In fact, I don't think it's been shot since leaving the factory. Soooooo, you M96 guys, tell me what I'm doing wrong here please because I'm stumped. Thank you in advance!

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I've found out it's a simple screw together pin that's just stuck from age. I'll just leave it alone for fear of bunging it up. Thanks for the replies guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom