• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Been over a month now and still waiting on the check to clear. If I remember correctly the check needs to clear frist before it will even think of going pending. Doing a Form 4 Individual for a suppressor.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Starting the clock again, have been waiting on a Sico 36M for a couple months, it arrived at my dealer, and dropped a Form4 off Saturday. Seems like around 6 months currently.

Attachments

• 20210605_171416.jpg
      20210605_171416.jpg
      62.6 KB · Views: 253

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So now I am thinking of another rimfire can. I could really use a dedicated can on a rimfire pistol for putting down varmints. Just hard to shoot one with a scope and rifle at close range, without being at point blank. Had to clean my shins off this evening. My Element 2 lives on my 10/22. I need a buckmark or Ruger Mark and a can for it to live on it.

These things are like (very expensive) tribbles. I’ll wait to order another one until I’ve actually got a rimfire pistol.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    So now I am thinking of another rimfire can. I could really use a dedicated can on a rimfire pistol for putting down varmints. Just hard to shoot one with a scope and rifle at close range, without being at point blank. Had to clean my shins off this evening. My Element 2 lives on my 10/22. I need a buckmark or Ruger Mark and a can for it to live on it.

These things are like (very expensive) tribbles. I’ll wait to order another one until I’ve actually got a rimfire pistol.

Have or owned a couple Ruger MKs and Buckmarks, best host ever is a Mk4 22/45 lite. Add a VQ trigger kit and it's perfection. Lite weight, reliable, accurate, and pretty quiet. I have a DA mask and Oculus, have tried a out a lot of cans before these 2. The mask is a little smaller and a hair quieter than the Oculus in full size, but it can be configured to a tiny 3" 4oz can that is hearing safe on pistols.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    I really like a Mark IV or Volquartsen with the OSS Rad. Both run flawlessly and clean for 22lr. SV is really quiet out of 4.5 and 6.0” barrels with both.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

SilencerCo Sparrow for 300 at Silencer Shop can't be beat. Monocore, decent on the FRP, every shot after is dead quiet. Running it on a 22/45 or a MK IV is a glorious experience.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Ok guys, took my first step. I leapt on those two AAC Pilot 2s which United put up the other day. Figured for the price it was time to get started.

Completed Silencershop paperwork today, now we wait for the check to clear.

GBear

Mar 16, 2021
    Baltimore
    Check cleared on 6/2…so I guess anytime from Christmas to next summer I should get the call. Hopefully, the MCX Virtus will be available again by then and I will begin my form 1 for the SBR.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Check cleared on 6/2…so I guess anytime from Christmas to next summer I should get the call. Hopefully, the MCX Virtus will be available again by then and I will begin my form 1 for the SBR.

Now I want to make you impatient.

Sometimes guys only take about 4 months to get theirs back. So it’s possible it could even be October. There is some luck of the draw involved. They mostly seem to be running about 7 months these days. The one I just picked up was 6.5 months. First one last year was 9 months. Checked cashed in August, May pickup. Then Check cashed November of last year and picked up in May again.

Maybe it’ll be 3.5 months for the one I just put in :D

But I am not going to hold my breath. I am also figuring Christmas time. I am hoping it clears in time to use it on a .357 lever gun for late deer season.

GBear

Mar 16, 2021
    Baltimore

Sometimes guys only take about 4 months to get theirs back. So it’s possible it could even be October. There is some luck of the draw involved. They mostly seem to be running about 7 months these days. The one I just picked up was 6.5 months. First one last year was 9 months. Checked cashed in August, May pickup. Then Check cashed November of last year and picked up in May again.

But I am not going to hold my breath. I am also figuring Christmas time. I am hoping it clears in time to use it on a .357 lever gun for late deer season.

Waiting on the ATF is not what’s testing my patience. I told myself going in it would take a year, so I’m good with that. My patience is being tested by the lack available firearms, no ETA for new inventory, and it boils over to frustration when I see private sellers and vendors selling what they have for double the MSRP. Finally, I’m officially pissed when I see folks on Reddit posting “just picked up my new toy…paid $3500, but I love this thing it was worth it.”
    *♂️. Sorry for the rant. I’m good now.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

Yup- no rhyme or reason. My 1st suppressor took 10.5 months. The second took 5 months even. Makes no sense.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    SilencerCo Sparrow for 300 at Silencer Shop can't be beat. Monocore, decent on the FRP, every shot after is dead quiet. Running it on a 22/45 or a MK IV is a glorious experience.

Damn that’s a good price. I’d get one but I already have two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Still waiting for check to clear. It was mailed May4th. Still nothing.

Something is wrong then. I stopped doing checks and started filling out the credit card, seems to go faster. Had the card charged the day after my packet got to the NFA branch on 6-10. Checks usually had at least 2 weeks from USPS delivering the packet to cashing/pending. Pretty much every F4 the lest couple years I sent with card numbers was billed within 2 or 3 days. I heard they open the packet, punch the card#, and soon as it's approved, send it to the FBI check pile right away. If it's a check it goes in a separate pile, and every week the bank sends a list of cleared checks to match up with the form, then they are moved after that, plenty of opportunities to loose checks or miss a number to move along your app even after the check is cashed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom