• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    I took a look on the way back from Frederick last night, and still no hours posted. Wonder if they're having problems getting inventory, so they haven't opened yet? :(

The_Emperor

Apr 16, 2017
    They had a Instagram post saying "Urbana Guns & Armor is a few weeks away from GRAND OPENING".
    The post was dated 4 days ago.

dfitzs1

Mar 24, 2020
    Maybe they're slowly building up stock and they'll have some sweet stuff in inventory when they open.

2ndatrades

Aug 20, 2020
    Howard County
    Does anyone have an update on this shop? I’m in the mood to check out some new shops this weekend. Was going to hit up MKP tactical at the 94/26 intersection this afternoon for the first time.

jet307

May 19, 2021
    Urbana, MD
    Hi,

Yea my liberal neighbors are riled up. I spoke to the owner twice over the past year. Each time he said they'd be opening any week now. He's a retired Montco cop and seems like a great guy. I know he is fully stocked. Like fully fully; However, not sure why the long delays. He's been paying rent there since like March of 2020 and I would have to guess that's not cheap for zero sales... I hope he opens soon. He said they spared no expense redoing the the store up and buying stock.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Hi,

Yea my liberal neighbors are riled up. I spoke to the owner twice over the past year. Each time he said they'd be opening any week now. He's a retired Montco cop and seems like a great guy. I know he is fully stocked. Like fully fully; However, not sure why the long delays. He's been paying rent there since like March of 2020 and I would have to guess that's not cheap for zero sales... I hope he opens soon. He said they spared no expense redoing the the store up and buying stock.

Seems kind of weird. Maybe he’s one that is just kind of paranoid about this COVID thing and is waiting for a comprehensive all clear.

May 28, 2021
    Hi to all interested in Urbana Guns and Armor.
    I’m Taylor, the manager there!
    I’ve spoken to many when I can get to the door! We have the inventory and ammo you may be looking for! That is not our hold up, the government is. We have all approval besides some training, that is behind due to “covid”. We are patiently waiting to throw the doors open and show what’s inside! I’m excited to continue to meet some enthusiastic people.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Great to hear that you have lots of inventory and are just waiting for the green light from authorities. I'll be visiting you as soon as you are open.

Cal68

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Hi to all interested in Urbana Guns and Armor.
    I’m Taylor, the manager there!
    I’ve spoken to many when I can get to the door! We have the inventory and ammo you may be looking for! That is not our hold up, the government is. We have all approval besides some training, that is behind due to “covid”. We are patiently waiting to throw the doors open and show what’s inside! I’m excited to continue to meet some enthusiastic people.

Welcome! Looking forward to not having to drive as far for selection. Make sure you guys talk to Norton or the other admins here and get set up as an Industry Partner so you can get your own sub-forum. The MDS community is very supportive of those who support the 2A in MD.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    It opened yesterday. They're only selling ammo currently, but are well stocked. The prices on the boxes are old and high. Look for updated prices on placards above the boxes, which are comparable to pricing that one sees at other stores.

They start selling firearms on July 11. They had a healthy inventory of MD compliant AR-15 rifles by a local boutique manufacturer (can't remember the name), a few SCAR carbines (-16 and -17), a variety of tactical shotguns, and an assortment of handguns currently. The owner says that this inventory is updating daily as they receive new firearms from distributors. I saw Glocks, Walthers, S&W, and other handguns. These are on the wall and behind the counter so it wasn't easy to see pricing.

During their soft opening, they're only letting in one family at a time. They are also checking IDs of those who enter. This makes it difficult to stop in and browse because of the wait. They are not restricting numbers in the store due to COVID, but mostly to keep an eye on things while they ramp up. Shop is run by a retired MoCo law enforcement officer and if I understood correctly, his daughters, one of whom has posted in the thread. They said they want to move to a club model for their sales, although entering the club would only entail a nominal fee (like $1).

Friendly bulldog in the shop. Forgot to ask about reloading components, but didn't see any in the display cases.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    It opened yesterday. They're only selling ammo currently, but are well stocked. The prices on the boxes are old and high. Look for updated prices on placards above the boxes, which are comparable to pricing that one sees at other stores.

They start selling firearms on July 11. They had a healthy inventory of MD compliant AR-15 rifles by a local boutique manufacturer (can't remember the name), a few SCAR carbines (-16 and -17), a variety of tactical shotguns, and an assortment of handguns currently. The owner says that this inventory is updating daily as they receive new firearms from distributors. I saw Glocks, Walthers, S&W, and other handguns. These are on the wall and behind the counter so it wasn't easy to see pricing.

During their soft opening, they're only letting in one family at a time. They are also checking IDs of those who enter. This makes it difficult to stop in and browse because of the wait. They are not restricting numbers in the store due to COVID, but mostly to keep an eye on things while they ramp up. Shop is run by a retired MoCo law enforcement officer and if I understood correctly, his daughters, one of whom has posted in the thread. They said they want to move to a club model for their sales, although entering the club would only entail a nominal fee (like $1).

Friendly bulldog in the shop. Forgot to ask about reloading components, but didn't see any in the display cases.

Checking IDs? What's the point of that?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Checking IDs? What's the point of that?
    That's doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy feelings in any way. They want to check ID'S, that's their right, the same as it is my right to go somewhere else to buy something that doesn't require a 4473 or 77r, like ammo, targets, a cleaning kit, etc...

Checking ID to enter sounds kinda fishy. Doesn't matter if the owner is a retired MoCo cop. It is still sketchy as hell.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    That's doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy feelings in any way. They want to check ID'S, that's their right, the same as it is my right to go somewhere else to buy something that doesn't require a 4473 or 77r, like ammo, targets, a cleaning kit, etc...

Checking ID to enter sounds kinda fishy. Doesn't matter if the owner is a retired MoCo cop. It is still sketchy as hell.

I'm with you. Plenty of other options. I'll pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom